Who does valet parking?

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
~ true but the MDX doesn’t sit low and susceptible to lower front bumper damage. the MDX also has a larger tire side wall and has a better chance of surviving curb rash to the rims. two completely different vehicles to compare when it comes to careless driver error and not to mention the performance aspect.
Good points. I guess I take most of the "I'm worried to valet my car" statements as more "I'm worried the valet will intentionally abuse it" versus the reasons you listed.

If it helps, think of how much practice valets get parking in the same spots over and over. They are probably much more aware of the curbs, parking stall sizes, etc. than we expect.

But good points nonetheless.

This actually has me thinking an interesting thread title might be, "share your valet parking horror stories." Haha.
Sponsored

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I've seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off, so no, I don't valet. :rolleyes:

Also, the one time I was forced to, my 350Z had a huge door ding down to the metal. Wasn't there before, but I only noticed it when I got home as it was on the passenger side so I couldn't go back to blame them for it. Thankfully that was just a minor cosmetic damage in the scope of possibilities.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Let's make the clear distinction that not all valet services are the same...
I've been to valets where it's super packed busy and valets don't have time or desire to drive anything anymore than they have to, but I've also seen group of valets sitting in one car chatting, doing whatever...
It's material for sure, but I don't like seeing dings, scuffs, etc. and the hassle of going thru repairs, etc. If I'm going to high-end place where I know they'll treat it properly, yeah, but not the Supra and not manual transmission car...

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Ditto!
Let's make the clear distinction that not all valet services are the same...
I've been to valets where it's super packed busy and valets don't have time or desire to drive anything anymore than they have to, but I've also seen group of valets sitting in one car chatting, doing whatever...
It's material for sure, but I don't like seeing dings, scuffs, etc. and the hassle of going thru repairs, etc. If I'm going to high-end place where I know they'll treat it properly, yeah, but not the Supra and not manual transmission car...
. DITTO!

aksprite

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra, the bus
Have you... ever seen a valet lot? The Supra will be the cheap piece of garbage in them. Valet lots are always filled with million dollar super cars, bentleys, porsches, classics, hot rods, etc. You don't pay $100-200 bucks to park a Camry for however long dinner lasts.
Lmfao do you know how much fun some valets would have with said "cheap pieces of garbage"? Most valets won't fuck around with a 458 like they would a M3.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Lmfao do you know how much fun some valets would have with said "cheap pieces of garbage"? Most valets won't fuck around with a 458 like they would a M3.
Are you all valet parking at like.. Walmart or something?

When it's Friday, and time for dinner and I'm spending a few hundred bucks on a meal, and another $100 + tip (valets usually get 50-100%) on the valey, I don't expect anything other than the best care for my car. If something were to happen, it's just a car, and they'll take care of it. I guess I'm.. confused as to how you all are getting into situations with valet parking..

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
$200 on meal & + $100 tip valet?
Hmmm, and driving a Toyota Supra to the restaurant?! , amongst the Ferrari’s , Lamborghini’s ,Rolls & Bugatti’s, yeah I wouldn’t mind valeting my Toyota
Either ??

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

When it's Friday, and time for dinner and I'm spending a few hundred bucks on a meal, and another $100 + tip (valets usually get 50-100%) on the valey, I don't expect anything other than the best care for my car. If something were to happen, it's just a car, and they'll take care of it. I guess I'm.. confused as to how you all are getting into situations with valet parking..
Dude, this is not Ferrari forum. It's a 50K car that many people financed... We've got 18 year olds to people who don't live in major cities, etc. etc.
I frequent Chicago and understand where you're coming from not just per parking availability... lifestyle...
But not everyone is dropping $100 tips to valets and lifestyles/priorities are different... There are non-fancy places that offer valet as well..

Used to live in major city, where valet meant a lot to everyone due to shortage and hassle of parking especially in bad weather and valet was somewhat indicator of wealth.. You 100% trusted them and tipped generously...
Here in MI not so much. Changed my lifestyle for example. Still going to fancy places but no longer care too much for valet... Many on-site parking. Still do on rare special occasion.... May change again soon with the baby on board.

$0.02..

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dude, this is not Ferrari forum. It's a 50K car that many people financed... We've got 18 year olds to people who don't live in major cities, etc. etc.
I frequent Chicago and understand where you're coming from not just per parking availability... lifestyle...
But not everyone is dropping $100 tips to valets and lifestyles/priorities are different... There are non-fancy places that offer valet as well..

Used to live in major city, where valet meant a lot to everyone due to shortage and hassle of parking especially in bad weather and valet was somewhat indicator of wealth.. You 100% trusted them and tipped generously...
Here in MI not so much. Changed my lifestyle for example. Still going to fancy places but no longer care too much for valet... Many on-site parking. Still do on rare special occasion.... May change again soon with the baby on board.

$0.02..
so, that makes sense to me- you’re right. But I’m.... here’s where I’m coming from.

Valet parking, as I know it (which I’m learning is wrong), is a luxury item. It means you don’t have to deal with searching out a space, pumping a meter, and a safe reserved spot for my ride.

Im understanding now that that isn’t the case for a lot of you. If parking isn’t a problem, why are there even valets at all? Or am I just missing something altogether? I probably am.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
I worked as a valet in college. It was at a small golf place that hosted weddings, bar-mitzvahs, etc. Our valet was a complementary service for the guests. We never had any issues. But I've worked with other valets there that have told me stories about the valets at the Hard Rock doing burnouts in some cars because the back lots were farr away from anyone else. And the valets fish tailing around the concrete parking garages because they're in a rush. Of course not all valets are bad, but I'd stay away from the young ones that look like they're in highschool or college. And that's coming from someone that valeted all throughout college.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Because if it costs of couple of months of time without my toy to save the hastle of looking for parking in Chicago - so be it.
I hate driving in and or around Chicago. I'd valet for the same reason. Parking is horrible there.

aksprite

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra, the bus

I worked valet when I was younger. It's not as professional as you think. But damn I thought I tipped good, I don't got shit on you, money. You can't be rolling around in a garbage Supra, get you a car more fitting with your extravagant Friday dining.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I worked valet when I was younger. It's not as professional as you think. But damn I thought I tipped good, I don't got shit on you, money. You can't be rolling around in a garbage Supra, get you a car more fitting with your extravagant Friday dining.
If I bought a more expensive car I couldn’t afford the dinners. It’s all about balance.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
We have more high class restaurants in our area @zrk than what most in the country have. I think we are just use to it. I have never worried about a valet with my previous cars or this car.

If you are worried then track the car through the app, problem solved.
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk