Daily car for around 10k

Kmj442

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 RDX, '12 Cooper S
I picked up a 2012 mini cooper S for daily/fun with 82k miles (better than the RDX for daily). Cost me like 8k. I will admit I got it partially as a learn how to do more involved maintenance stuff (timing belt, clutch, whatever) when the time comes but parts don't seem too expensive and being an "extra" car I'm not too worried about it taking longer than expected. Plus theres a healthy aftermarket supply of parts.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
I picked up a 2012 mini cooper S for daily/fun with 82k miles (better than the RDX for daily). Cost me like 8k. I will admit I got it partially as a learn how to do more involved maintenance stuff (timing belt, clutch, whatever) when the time comes but parts don't seem too expensive and being an "extra" car I'm not too worried about it taking longer than expected. Plus theres a healthy aftermarket supply of parts.
My wife has a 2016 mini cooper, it's a fun little car

Kmj442

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 RDX, '12 Cooper S
My wife has a 2016 mini cooper, it's a fun little car
I had it on some back roads last weekend (I've been in the supra on these roads too) and its so much fun in a different way. Rowing gears, taking tight little turns, you never really have to slow down too much since its not break neck fast but fast enough and you can keep a lot of speed through the turns.
Supra is FAST and handles great but you NEED to hit those brakes hard between turns just because of how fast you can get...also I don't have a manual supra haha

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
The best daily I've ever had was a 2012 Civic. It was cheap, got over 40 miles per gallon on the freeway, and was comfortable to drive. It was as reliable as you could possibly want, and did nothing wrong.
It got totaled on the freeway one day, and I made the mistake of not buying another. I sorely miss it. I can tell you one thing: do not buy the same-era Honda fit as a daily. They suck.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Dont know if the OP cares about gas mileage but the older Jeep Cherokees (87-01) are extremely reliable, cheap/easy to work on and are very practical. I am currently on my 7th one since I cant seem to get away from them. Do a little work and they are great off road too! Plus since you are in FL, you get the awesome Jeep Beach show to attend.

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Dont know if the OP cares about gas mileage but the older Jeep Cherokees (87-01) are extremely reliable, cheap/easy to work on and are very practical. I am currently on my 7th one since I cant seem to get away from them. Do a little work and they are great off road too! Plus since you are in FL, you get the awesome Jeep Beach show to attend.

Had a 2001 Very reliable and goes anywhere.
DC3F6097-450D-48BE-8373-00D0F9DDC902.jpeg

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I would wait a couple more months as used car market price start to drop with recession.. perhaps?

I dd a 2019 WRX Limited (MT) bought new almost 5 yrs ago already.. time flies. :nono: It's a pretty awesome car for daily.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My son got a MK6 GTI last year for 11k a 2012 im pretty sure with a DSG. all serviced at the dealer from the PO. has been a great car and ive seriously thought about getting one. i enjoy hooning around in his. I had a 15 Focus ST (st3 model) and it was a fantastic car. if you can find one not too abused that would make a great daily, but usually only see ST1 and ST2 trim levels for cheap.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Had a 2001 Very reliable and goes anywhere.
My XJ before my current one was a silver 01 as well! Now I have a bare bones, power nothing 87 with 130k on it. All my other Jeeps were way too clean and that made it less fun to take them off road. Now I have a beater that I dont care about.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Don't know how much practicality you need, but why not an FRS GT86? Still fast, rwd, lightweight, can take beating..

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
My last daily was an 09 Cobalt SS. Was a fun and reliable car that got good gas mileage. With just a tune, it was putting out 300whp and 340wtq. You can find pretty clean ones for about $8k.
Man I had a yellow 4dr LNF cobalt. Built by ZZP with a precision 5862 putting down 540whp as my daily lol

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
Hey guys just looking to see what cars you guys would suggest I look into for a daily. Right now I daily the supra and want to buy a cheap daily. I would like a vehicle that could still keep me decently happy and satisfy my addiction when I'm not with the supra 🤣 which is why I've been looking at older 335i's but I'm honestly open to daily any kind of car. If it goes slightly above 10k I wouldn't mind but trying to stay in that price range. What cars would you guys suggest?
Honda civic of course.dnt want to be ricer what about older dodge Cummins. Lexus is300, Pontiac gto, Pontiac g6, forgot the name of the Chevy 4dr, grand national,
Sponsored