FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Why I decided to get one now.

GREAT video!!!! Totally impressed 😃 with the car, your explanation and purchase. I will definitely learn how to “subscribe” and like your YouTube channel! On my way to work right now and have to be brief (luckily for everyone on here LOL).

Can you be honest and let me (us) know how much energy these things use to obtain a full charge? We have central AC down here in FL and some claim it uses as much as running 2-3 AC units. Hence the worry about draining our grids quickly here, TX and so forth.

Would also be curious what the claimed battery range is vs reality with people in the car and AC running. And at what limit (range) does it go into “limp” mode, where you have to drive it back and get charged. I here stories at work where some EVs won’t blow cold air for example until they get home for a full charge.

Thanks a lot for sharing!
Sponsored

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
^^^ Appreciate it!! I have a lot to experience and learn with EV life so will definitely share my experience on the channel. One thing I immediately learned in this extreme below 0F cold snap is the range reduction and estimation is significant!

OP
OP
FLtrackdays

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Note: The majority of electric is produced via fossil fuels.
Yeah, it’s weird we have to even say that. I “assume” everyone knows that. But you’re right! I’ve got no significant beef 🥩 against EVs. They are extremely cool 😎. Just looking for honesty and transparency from the “media” out there and don’t always get it…. Hence appreciate peeps like @CarGuy11

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Technically you are right, but forgot to mention the % because you are cherry picking. ;)

61% is from fossil fuel. Technically the majority, but just a little over half. ;)

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3

You can also further break it down state by state. Some are over 50% nuclear, some are over 60% Hydro.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...tricity-generation-changed-in-your-state.html

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Technically you are right, but forgot to mention the % because you are cherry picking. ;)

61% is from fossil fuel. Technically the majority, but just a little over half. ;)

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3

You can also further break it down state by state. Some are over 50% nuclear, some are over 60% Hydro.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...tricity-generation-changed-in-your-state.html
The truth comes out in details. Too many read headlines and think they are experts. Nice post!

Also gas is no longer a big large problem price wise for us in Europe

Dec 27: ⚡ Natural gas prices in Europe are back down to pre-war levels now. https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/eu-natural-gas

F U PUTIN LOL

Last edited:

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
After having my DD as an electric car for about 6 months now, I am still torn on if I like it or not. I do have to say, running the heater and cold weather definitely kill the range on it. Running the AC, you really dont even notice a change.

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
Got a 22 Chevy Bolt EUV. And I came out of a va..... wait never mind. Lets just call it a 09 Cobalt SS.
Nice do you have SuperCruise? Curious how it is compared to BlueCruise.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Nice do you have SuperCruise? Curious how it is compared to BlueCruise.
No, the Supercruise models were on back order at the time. From what I heard, its not all that great. Lots of roads arent mapped and GM isnt going to update it. All the newer models are getting a massive update but not the Bolts. Again, I only bought mine for around town stuff so the SC does almost nothing for me.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
*At current time, yes. Over the very long term that will cease to be the case. We're just not there yet at this moment in time, just the same as with the current limited state of the U.S.'s nationwide electric car charging infrastructure.... which will also not be so limited over the long haul.

The infrastructure and power generation side of things is a long term seismic shift challenge that we will overcome.

In the shorter term I'm *much* more concerned about the *kinds* and *styles* of EVs currently on offer (more to the point what categories of vehicles in the 100% EV space are sorely lacking so far), underwhelming EV interior designs, an obsession with user accounts and subscription features for walled garden control programming / vehicle OS's and getting to solid state batteries with far better chemistries as soon as possible so we can ditch lithium-ion cells for good.
Sponsored