Dinan Ignition Coils

bigcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Anyone has experienced it?
https://www.dinancars.com/blog/post/new_product_release_dinan_ignition_coils/

The B series style coil applies to the following engines: B36, B38, B46, B48, B58 and S58. Compatible OEM Part #Cross Reference: 12138643360, 12137619385, 12138678438 and 750990012.

Features:
  • Up to 10% more energy output than stock.
  • Red housing with Dinan Logo.
  • True upgrade, not just aesthetic.
  • Direct plug-and-play.
$34.95 for each

blog_ignition_coils_banner_pr.jpg

d650-0009_6.jpg

Note. Steve Dinan has sold the brand many years ago, so he might does nothing with the new products.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
I mean, unless you are upgrading your motor in a major way that would cause the OEM coils to not give sufficient fuel burn, or are needing to replace the OEM coils because they have worn out, these aren't going to give you any performance boost.

As far as I'm aware, the OEM coils already burn the fuel completely, so I don't see how these will do anything. Maybe they will last longer, but if that's the case I'd wait until the OEM ones need replacing.

I could be wrong, but I haven't heard of any issues with the OEM coils needing to be "more reliable". The spark already clears the gap.

FuzzyRev85

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I mean, unless you are upgrading your motor in a major way that would cause the OEM coils to not give sufficient fuel burn, or are needing to replace the OEM coils because they have worn out, these aren't going to give you any performance boost.

As far as I'm aware, the OEM coils already burn the fuel completely, so I don't see how these will do anything. Maybe they will last longer, but if that's the case I'd wait until the OEM ones need replacing.

I could be wrong, but I haven't heard of any issues with the OEM coils needing to be "more reliable". The spark already clears the gap.
I 100% guarantee that these WILL NOT outlast the OEM coils, and they seem like a Ricer McGee product to me. But what do I know anyways?...

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
The OEM Bosch coil packs are good enough for 1k HP. I have some other coil packs that I am testing to see if they are a viable alternative to the OEM Bosch coil packs.