Disconnected battery and the trunk is closed / Opening trunk if cars battery is dead?

roadtripper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Doh! I didn't know there was a physical key inside the fob! Logic says there should be so I found a small button on the side of the fob and walla, You can remove the key. It might have been nice for the dealer to have mentioned this.
Sponsored

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
Open car with key contained within fob. Keyhole is behind the oval cover on the handle, which can be pushed out by reaching inside the handle. Once inside, crawl into back compartment and pull emergency release. Good luck if you have the rear cargo cover in place, that's going to be a very tight reach.

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Doh! I didn't know there was a physical key inside the fob! Logic says there should be so I found a small button on the side of the fob and walla, You can remove the key. It might have been nice for the dealer to have mentioned this.
glad I could help brother LOL. we will discover things together :)

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Open car with key contained within fob. Keyhole is behind the oval cover on the handle, which can be pushed out by reaching inside the handle. Once inside, crawl into back compartment and pull emergency release. Good luck if you have the rear cargo cover in place, that's going to be a very tight reach.
how do you get past the seats? they are electric as well so cant move them forward or move the seat backs up. only way through is that little opening between them. and no adult is fitting between there. I think I will make myself a reaching stick with a hook on it now while I can measure the distance LOL then keep it put away for the day I know will come.

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Yep. You'll need to either train a ferret to grab it or fab a tool to reach back and snag the handle.
hummm Me thinks they should have put a trunk button on the car LOL this seems not very well thought out.

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
OK OK so I found the real answer finally. you use the key in the fob to open the door through the keyhole in handle then pop the hood. IN the engine bay is two battery points for jump starting the car. so you would get another car hook up jumper cables jump the car off and then open trunk with fob once car is running.. still a lot of work but you aint gotta crawl though any small opening.

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
Now that's a smart idea, indeed. Use the jump points in the engine bay to repower the trunk latch. Well done.

No need to restart the engine or anything else if all you want is access to the battery in the trunk. Just attaching cables to the jump terminals should be sufficient to power up the latch circuit.

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Now that's a smart idea, indeed. Use the jump points in the engine bay to repower the trunk latch. Well done.

No need to restart the engine or anything else if all you want is access to the battery in the trunk. Just attaching cables to the jump terminals should be sufficient to power up the latch circuit.
Thats what IM thinking. I would think that should work.

SupraMK86

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 3.0 Premium
Is this the first car you've owned?

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Is this the first car you've owned?
With this set up yes. Never had a car with battery in trunk so was unaware jump points were in engine bay. No need to be insulting. But guess that's the internet for ya.

SupraMK86

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 3.0 Premium
Your car should have included a manual that answers most common/stupid questions.

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Your car should have included a manual that answers most common/stupid questions.
Yeah if you bothered to read my post which you obviously didn't. I said I looked in the manual. I went to the back and looked under every page listed for trunk its explained no where. I googled it, guess what its not explained anywhere on the web either. So yet again Thanks for the unhelpful insulting reply. PS I called the dealer and they weren't sure either so its not so straight forward as you seem to think. But thanks for the warm welcome of a new member to the group. Its appreciated. If you would care to show me the exact page In the manual it is mentioned then I retract my criticism offer a full apology and will hail you as king but otherwise..... not helpful

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
Dude seriously? Why even comment on this thread? This is a pretty unique situation as most JDM cars have the battery in the engine bay AND we dont have a way to open the trunk without using the key fob or the trunk button.

Its not a far stretch to believe that in cars where the battery is in the trunk you have to open the trunk to jump the car. Also the OP was specifically looking at how to open the trunk without any power. I took a look in the manual as well, and theres really nothing in there that talks about it. This is more a failing on the technical writers at Toyota. You need to look for how to jump a car to find out where to jump the car, then in your mind you need to connect that you can do that in order to open the trunk. But for someone just looking to open the trunk, the answer isnt there.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Your car should have included a manual that answers most common/stupid questions
Yeah if you bothered to read my post which you obviously didn't. I said I looked in the manual. I went to the back and looked under every page listed for trunk its explained no where. I googled it, guess what its not explained anywhere on the web either. So yet again Thanks for the unhelpful insulting reply. PS I called the dealer and they weren't sure either so its not so straight forward as you seem to think. But thanks for the warm welcome of a new member to the group. Its appreciated. If you would care to show me the exact page In the manual it is mentioned then I retract my criticism offer a full apology and will hail you as king but otherwise..... not helpful
Welcome to the forums/club! FWIW, I too find our manuals to be really weak. I won't go so far as to say useless but it is the most non helpful and least user friendly of any I've seen in my 23 previous vehicles. I had to use the forums to get information on lift points and oil capacity. What manual doesn't tell you how many quarts of oil the car takes... Some of the terminology is odd too. Ready state? WTH? Is that the same as "off" or accessory on? In some places it almost reminds me of the often humorous instructions you get from made in China products. Where I can picture some Chinese middle-schooler who's had a couple years of English was used to translate. Surely, in all of the Toyota operations based right here in the United States they can do better...
Sponsored