OP
OP
Stvee

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
The CDV has nothing to do with "rev hang" which was my question. My manual clutch and gearbox works perfectly. Both are way better than a Tremec T-56 behind a Chev LS engine ah la Pontiac GTO and better than both my Focus Rs's. So far It's the sweetest 6 speed manual/clutch combination I've ever used. So I guess not "every" MT owner is complaining:dunno:

Phil
Not sure why you're so opposed to this mod when you haven't even experienced the difference first hand. It really is a huge improvement that's easily reversible if you don't like it for some reason.
Sponsored

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜20 M4 CS, ā€˜24 GR Supra 45th LE
The CDV has nothing to do with "rev hang" which was my question. My manual clutch and gearbox works perfectly. Both are way better than a Tremec T-56 behind a Chev LS engine ah la Pontiac GTO and better than both my Focus Rs's. So far It's the sweetest 6 speed manual/clutch combination I've ever used. So I guess not "every" MT owner is complaining:dunno:

Phil
Iā€™ve owned the LS2 GTO and Focus RS new. The GTO was extremely rubbery stock and had long throws. A GMM ripshift was required. The Focus RS needed a Breedt shift Arm and to replace the stock rubber bushes with those direct metal inserts (canā€™t remember the brand, itā€™s been eight years)

sounds like youā€™re just getting old and soft and donā€™t drive fast cars fast anymore ;-)

It helps with rev hang because the shift doesnā€™t take twice as long anymore

Slybri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT (CU-L), 2017 1of1 Viper, othersā€¦
I want to do this as soon as the weather gets a littler warmer here. So far has this been worth it in your opinion?
Iā€™ve already ordered the 21526785964 one for mine. Are you replacing or just gutting your existing one? You know where to find me if you need extra hands or tools!

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 NB Miata - 2024 Red 3.0 Premium MT - Ninja400
Iā€™ve already ordered the 21526785964 one for mine. Are you replacing or just gutting your existing one? You know where to find me if you need extra hands or tools!
Definitely plan on replacing it!. Would like the option to revert back in case I need to make warranty claims.

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
Has anyone swapped the actual slave cylinder with the BMW one (Part# 21526785964)? If so, does that slave cylinder attach to the trans the same way as the OEM one?

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This kind of got me thinking. Might be easier to just do the mod, and in the unlikely event one were to have a serious transmission/clutch issue that needed warranty work, that would be the time to swap out the slave for an OEM one with the CDV valve still in tact. As such does anyone have the P/N for the OEM Slave Cylinder?

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜20 M4 CS, ā€˜24 GR Supra 45th LE
Has anyone swapped the actual slave cylinder with the BMW one (Part# 21526785964)? If so, does that slave cylinder attach to the trans the same way as the OEM one?
I did.

yup.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
Phil is deliberately obtuse in every thread that mentions CDV delete. Just ignore him.

The combination of unexpected revs (due to rev hang) and unexpected slow clutch engagement (due to CDV) results in unexpected or unintentional slipping of the clutch. Removing either of those contributing factors results in a better shift and more intuitive clutch engagement even if the other factor (in this case rev hang) is still present. Neither "feature" helps you shift, rev hang is for emissions and CDV is for shifting the burden of parts replacement responsibility from the warranty to the customer.

This isn't hard to figure out unless you're just being antagonistic for no reason.

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Does anyone happen to know the correct P/N for the OEM 2023+ GR Supra MT Slave Cylinder?

RSSVNrT.jpg