DME options BM3 vs MHD vs Ecutek 2023 edition

M3ltdown

First Name
Peteskeet
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Golf R
Hello guys, since there’s been substantial changes as of late and most threads I’ve researched are outdated at this point (think bm3 custom rom), my question is for a person purchasing a new supra right now (2023 model) what is the current situation/ options when it comes to tuning?

MHD vs BM3 which one is better for a partial unlocked ecu? Now that the custom rom from bM3 is available the question needs to be asked again…

Is there’s still a point to fill unlock with the availability of the custom rom?

MHD vs bm3 which has the better OTS tunes?
Sponsored

Speed Logic

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra, BMW M3, Nissan GT-R
Hello guys, since there’s been substantial changes as of late and most threads I’ve researched are outdated at this point (think bm3 custom rom), my question is for a person purchasing a new supra right now (2023 model) what is the current situation/ options when it comes to tuning?

MHD vs BM3 which one is better for a partial unlocked ecu? Now that the custom rom from bM3 is available the question needs to be asked again…

Is there’s still a point to fill unlock with the availability of the custom rom?

Between the two options brought up - Bootmod3 and MHD - Bootmod3 is by far the better option due to their latest updates with CustomROM and features it enables. If you have any questions between the two feel free to PM and more than happy to answer which one makes more sense for you etc. We have no stake in the fight - meaning we do unlocks for all tuning suites and will happily guide you the best direction that makes sense for your needs.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I've read through everything. Still don't get what customrom and mutltimap is on bm3.
Either your reading comprehension is poor or you actually haven’t read everything.

Multimap = ability to switch through four maps on the fly via steering wheel

Customrom = flex fuel, anti lag, map switching

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner

ecu is locked, only choice is jb4.
if you're comfortable sending your ECU to FEMTO for partial unlock, which you should be, you can tune with BM3.

BM3. pretend MHD doesn't exist, don't debate between the two

this wasn't english. research here:
https://www.protuningfreaks.com/col...u/products/bootmod3-a90-j29-toyota-supra-tune

check bold. then click on #3 of my signature

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Either your reading comprehension is poor or you actually haven’t read everything.

Multimap = ability to switch through four maps on the fly via steering wheel

Customrom = flex fuel, anti lag, map switching
That's what was confusing to me when I was on the site. customrom also has multimap(map switching) and multimap can also be stand alone without the features of customrom.

Maverick

First Name
Maverick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20" Supra LE #1164, 15" Mustang CO
Gonna hijack with a question. I have a 2019 ECU with a jb4 map 1 installed. should i go with MHD vs BM3 vs ecutek or just keep my jb4. ATM i only have an intake and a DP.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Gonna hijack with a question. I have a 2019 ECU with a jb4 map 1 installed. should i go with MHD vs BM3 vs ecutek or just keep my jb4. ATM i only have an intake and a DP.
What is your goal. A traditional tune is always better than a piggyback.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
That's what was confusing to me when I was on the site. customrom also has multimap(map switching) and multimap can also be stand alone without the features of customrom.
Can't have multimap without customrom. One and the same. Doesn't mean you need to use all the features of customrom.

Maverick

First Name
Maverick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20" Supra LE #1164, 15" Mustang CO
What is your goal. A traditional tune is always better than a piggyback.
It's a daily driver. so reliability, I also want a catless DP soon but any should remove that code except JB4.

edit: most likely going to go with MHD since it's cheaper for what i'm trying to do.

Last edited:

Kennith82

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Might be worth waiting on MHD+ to come out this year if Reflex integration is worth anything to you. Otherwise it's sending your ECU to Finland to get BM3 CustomROM flashed, and then sent back again to get MHD+ flashed.

7sstreet

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Might be worth waiting on MHD+ to come out this year if Reflex integration is worth anything to you. Otherwise it's sending your ECU to Finland to get BM3 CustomROM flashed, and then sent back again to get MHD+ flashed.
Bm3 just mentioned on their 1200whp b58 instagram post that they are controlling PI and boost with their own board called Rev2. That car is craaay btw!

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Bm3 just mentioned on their 1200whp b58 instagram post that they are controlling PI and boost with their own board called Rev2. That car is craaay btw!
Still haven't seen it go down the track yet..

7sstreet

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
They are doing more with the car, cams change. I think they want it all on the car first then go beat on it and dial in stuff at the track. I’m sure it’ll take some time to get the car figured out how to launch etc
Sponsored