Do you consider the Supra a "young persons" car?

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
As someone who's 36--I still maintain that original playstation was the best playstation, and JetMoto was the best game ever on that platform.
I'm more of a final fantasy 7 person, but I do agree that the Playstation broke into a new Era for video games.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I'm honestly not sure anymore. I figured at $55k most younger folks wouldn't be able to afford one, though as we discovered in a slew of other threads quite folks have payments on these with relatively high interest rates.

But then at the get togethers, meets, track, etc. I see way more "kids" (<30) owning them. Good on them for making so much money at a young age (@Mason I'm looking at you).

Took me to my mid 30's to be able to justify buying sports cars and stuff. Wanted to make sure my retirement, etc. was in order first, though.
Well, I also think a lot of these cats are making $1200-$1400 monthly payments on their Supra as well. They are throwing all their money they make into it. I know a few out there. They always saying they broke as hell.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Well, I also think a lot of these cats are making $1200-$1400 monthly payments on their Supra as well. They are throwing all their money they make into it. I know a few out there. They always saying they broke as hell.
yeah. I know they are. ☹

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm honestly not sure anymore. I figured at $55k most younger folks wouldn't be able to afford one, though as we discovered in a slew of other threads quite folks have payments on these with relatively high interest rates.

But then at the get togethers, meets, track, etc. I see way more "kids" (<30) owning them. Good on them for making so much money at a young age (@Mason I'm looking at you).

Took me to my mid 30's to be able to justify buying sports cars and stuff. Wanted to make sure my retirement, etc. was in order first, though.
Same here. I lived pretty responsibly in my 20s instead of blowing all my money on a car I couldn’t really afford. If I had it over again, I would’ve plowed even more into retirement accounts and whatever real estate I couldve afforded back when I graduated undergrad.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Same here. I lived pretty responsibly in my 20s instead of blowing all my money on a car I couldn’t really afford. If I had it over again, I would’ve plowed even more into retirement accounts and whatever real estate I couldve afforded back when I graduated undergrad.
Same. I managed to get about 2mm into retirement in my 20s and early 30s so I could blow cash in my late 30s and get back to saving in my 40s. My 30s are almost over so I gotta play hard now, before I have to get back to brass tacks.

If I had to do it again, I wouldn't have wasted as much as I did.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I don’t think anyone would think back and say “man if I could go back then I definitely would have spent more money” it’s just not how it works. We spend money for immediate enjoyment. Not long term gains or any kind. There’s a balance.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don’t think anyone would think back and say “man if I could go back then I definitely would have spent more money” it’s just not how it works. We spend money for immediate enjoyment. Not long term gains or any kind. There’s a balance.
I just realized that the Z4 logo in your avatar looks a lot like my initials.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 RB A91, 2020 X3M, 2006 S2000
Younger local car guy, drives a newish VW GTI, told me recently that he pays $1100 a month for insurance on top of a $400 car payment. I can't even fathom paying $1500 a month to drive a GTI.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Younger local car guy, drives a newish VW GTI, told me recently that he pays $1100 a month for insurance on top of a $400 car payment. I can't even fathom paying $1500 a month to drive a GTI.
How tf does he pay that much for insurance? Does he have a 5 million dollar umbrella policy?? ? ?

My 20 year old insurance covering performance mods is still not even close to that

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
That persons driving history must be shittier than public restrooms.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I can't even imagine what he did to get that sort of premium.
Sponsored