• Total voters

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
I liked both the MKIV Supras in F&F and 2F2F (both orange lol) but my favorite was definitely Brian's GTR.

I used to wait for my dad to go pick up my mum from the station to be home alone and just blast the dvd (I even had it on VHS!) and hear the car sounds really loud, especially the green Eclipse scene.

I'm a sucker for looks and the MKV got me with its looks first. I fell in love with it when I first saw one years ago and didn't even know at the time it was a Z4 underneath.

I'm happy and prefer the MKV, I just wish I could have had a louder stock exhaust / no OPF and the full fat B58 like US spec and that would have been perfection - and yes I'm weird, just plugging in a JB4 doesn't do it for me, it's not the same thing, it's like cheating, I want the real thing not some plug in shit.

Since were talking old JDM, if I could have another special car to be a garage queen it would be in this order:
NSX
RX-7
3000 GT
3000GT VR! I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos on VR builds. I guess the aftermarket support isn't all that great. I agree with this list. We need to get someone at Donus on this video idea.
Sponsored

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
Tbh Donut kind of fell off. If Toyota released the supra mkv with the same engine just a bit revised or hell even if a 3j was on the car. People would have lost their shit, and suddenly the new Supra is cool. I get it where people are coming from sometimes how it was a house hold name and it passed off to BMW, but BMW literally makes on of the best if not the best inline 6 engines. Sure you can shit one it for being a BMW, but you can't shit on it for not delivering on power and the amazing feel of the car. That is bullshit.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
3000GT VR! I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos on VR builds. I guess the aftermarket support isn't all that great. I agree with this list. We need to get someone at Donus on this video idea.
I have a friend and two acquaintances that wasted years and $tens of thousand$ on VR4s. I tried to help work on one.
I can't, for the life of me, figure out why anyone would want to put themselves through the misery of building and tuning one.
And that's saying a LOT because I'm even okay with rotaries. 🤣

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Don't the Euro-spec cars have the MY 2020 2 port and tune which doesn't play that well with JB4 as compared to the 6-port? Or was I hearing some false rumors?
EU Spec are 2-port, but they play fine with JB4.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase

The aftermarket is fine with all of the general bases covered but not as expansive as some other platforms. Very little shop support these days, though; mostly tribal knowledge which is where people tend to struggle. That and a lot of misconception and misinformation... The sweet spot is a simple 450-600WHP with bolt-on turbo and supporting mods. If I were to do one today I'd build a setup around Dynamic Racing DR750 turbos and have a kickass 600WHP sleeper street car. Not a platform I would suggest a big power build on unless you are fully committed, in which case I know who/where to go.

TheLJWay

First Name
L.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 GR Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
Tbh Donut kind of fell off. If Toyota released the supra mkv with the same engine just a bit revised or hell even if a 3j was on the car. People would have lost their shit, and suddenly the new Supra is cool. I get it where people are coming from sometimes how it was a house hold name and it passed off to BMW, but BMW literally makes on of the best if not the best inline 6 engines. Sure you can shit one it for being a BMW, but you can't shit on it for not delivering on power and the amazing feel of the car. That is bullshit.
Not just that but even fuel economy wise it surprises me when I go and do a chill long drive on normal and see how much range this car gets and then seeing how cars like the BRZ/86 and other modern 4cyl cars don't reach those numbers. Of course fuel economy was like one of the last things I cared about in this car but the B58 is such a good balance of it and power when you need it.

Kmj442

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 RDX, '12 Cooper S
Not just that but even fuel economy wise it surprises me when I go and do a chill long drive on normal and see how much range this car gets and then seeing how cars like the BRZ/86 and other modern 4cyl cars don't reach those numbers. Of course fuel economy was like one of the last things I cared about in this car but the B58 is such a good balance of it and power when you need it.
The B58 is honestly an amazing engine, probably why they stuck it in EVERY car they make. Similar to VW with their EA888. I understand SOME of the questions towards it coming from the supra heritage but I don't know that toyota could have done better than putting the B58 in there without years and years and tons of money and then I'm willing to bet half of us wouldn't have a Supra because the starting price would be closer to GTR money. For the price of the A90, I'm not sure you can beat the performance and styling.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
my tuned Supra gets wayy better mileage than my tuned Accord 2.0T did.. ~500/600 to the wheels vs ~310/370. love this car!

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
Appearance wise I have always liked the MK3 and MK4. The new one just looks too busy imo but to each their own.
Sponsored