Every New Supra comes with One Year NASA Membership

dhcooper

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra premium 3.0
I simply went on their website and registered. Scheduled for my track day in April.

Driver608

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0, 2004 Boxster S
Same here. They send the packet about 3 weeks after you buy the car. It comes with a card that has the discount code you need when you check out for your free track day and membership.
I signed up for a day in April at Buttonwillow.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Just got a new 2022 GR Supra 3.0, what a beast!
The dealer had no clue about the the complimentary NASA membership and track day. To be fair, they only got 2 of them this year.
Autocrossing it is pretty much a no brainer, but...
Tracking it is an entirely different matter.
I have a million different questions, here are a few:
All track events require at least a front tow hook, what's the best one?
I'm thinking that the factory brakes won't last very long on the track, I'll probably go with Pagid after that. I need to change the pads and rotors on my track prepped Boxster every year.
How do R compound tires work with it? Yokohama Advan A052's? The stock PSS tires look great for drifting but are probably too greasy after a couple laps on a track.
What might I need to do in the short term (reliability, handling, etc)?
It has some negative camber by default, would increasing it improve cornering?
I'm used to driving with nothing but ABS so I usually turn all of that stuff off.

Thanks!
Congrats!

Front Tow Hook: OEM is free. If you want a better looking one, Raceseng is pretty good; it's the one I got -- I got mine with a GoPro mount since I wanted an exterior mount for my cruises and laps. ZL1 also offers some options that are functional but I couldn't ever find one in stock.
Brakes: Rotors should be fine. It's your pads that will probably fade a bit. If you have a 3.0 base model like I do, the rear caliper is the same size as the 2.0 rear, and there's not as many options. Endless has the MX72 Street Circuit which I'm looking to get. CSG also has some track spec options if that's what you're looking for. I'm guessing you'll also do a brake fluid replacement as well.
Stock Tires: yes they do get greasy after a couple of laps. The car could use wider tires at the minimum for some better lateral grip. The stock tires are fine for a stock Supra at an HPDE since you're probably not going 100%, but I didn't really feel confident that they would be good for multiple lapping sessions at the limit.
Short term changes: you'll definitely want to take care of the wind buffeting problem with the Verus or AMS wind deflectors. The $9 Amazon option isn't going to stay on past 110 mph. You may also want to replace the plastic tire valve caps since the caps can break under slight pressure when hot. Idk if the oil burning was resolved for the 22 Supras, but if you're tracking it, you probably want to swap from the OEM 0w/20 oil to 5w/30 or something else.
Camber: IIRC, the stock camber settings are non-adjustable. You might need some SPL parts to adjust that. Most alignments adjust the toe.

Bla1rBr1ck

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra Nocturnal Black
Congrats!

Front Tow Hook: OEM is free. If you want a better looking one, Raceseng is pretty good; it's the one I got -- I got mine with a GoPro mount since I wanted an exterior mount for my cruises and laps. ZL1 also offers some options that are functional but I couldn't ever find one in stock.
Brakes: Rotors should be fine. It's your pads that will probably fade a bit. If you have a 3.0 base model like I do, the rear caliper is the same size as the 2.0 rear, and there's not as many options. Endless has the MX72 Street Circuit which I'm looking to get. CSG also has some track spec options if that's what you're looking for. I'm guessing you'll also do a brake fluid replacement as well.
Stock Tires: yes they do get greasy after a couple of laps. The car could use wider tires at the minimum for some better lateral grip. The stock tires are fine for a stock Supra at an HPDE since you're probably not going 100%, but I didn't really feel confident that they would be good for multiple lapping sessions at the limit.
Short term changes: you'll definitely want to take care of the wind buffeting problem with the Verus or AMS wind deflectors. The $9 Amazon option isn't going to stay on past 110 mph. You may also want to replace the plastic tire valve caps since the caps can break under slight pressure when hot. Idk if the oil burning was resolved for the 22 Supras, but if you're tracking it, you probably want to swap from the OEM 0w/20 oil to 5w/30 or something else.
Camber: IIRC, the stock camber settings are non-adjustable. You might need some SPL parts to adjust that. Most alignments adjust the toe.

YOOOO thank you for this reply!!! Am planning to take advantage of my NASA HPDE day and these tips are so useful. I am planning to do the Sonoma Raceway event later in May if anyone is signing up. Will for sure be doing an oil swap and brake pad swap. Already did the buffeting. That $9 product is a life saver. Am still waiting for my packet in the mail but hyped. TY again.

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
YOOOO thank you for this reply!!! Am planning to take advantage of my NASA HPDE day and these tips are so useful. I am planning to do the Sonoma Raceway event later in May if anyone is signing up. Will for sure be doing an oil swap and brake pad swap. Already did the buffeting. That $9 product is a life saver. Am still waiting for my packet in the mail but hyped. TY again.
CSG pads if you're going to be swapping those out. Hands down my favorite now after using them at COTA. Better brake fluid wouldn't hurt either. Still seeing people with new Supras complain about how the car feels from the dealer so may be worth having the alignment checked. Otherwise, just drive it. Some will probably say that changing brake components is overkill, I view them as good safety/reliability upgrades.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I actually found that for me, the $9 Amazon fix didn't stay on when I was going above 120 or so. It might've been due to bad installation, or it could just be the force of air rushing past overcoming the bonding agent.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CSG pads if you're going to be swapping those out. Hands down my favorite now after using them at COTA. Better brake fluid wouldn't hurt either. Still seeing people with new Supras complain about how the car feels from the dealer so may be worth having the alignment checked. Otherwise, just drive it. Some will probably say that changing brake components is overkill, I view them as good safety/reliability upgrades.
I agree, do both, you'll have better brake feel and better brake feel on the tracks, especially in the late sessions. I definitely felt fade on the stocks a couple of sessions in.

GarGaMeL05

First Name
Nam N.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91 CF Edition
Just bought a 2022 A91 CF Edition. No longer a year. Toyota emailed with 1 free track day only. SMH. :(

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
On my '22 it is still the same... get one year membership (59$ value) + one free hpde (500$ value). If it is two day hpde they also offer 50% discount on the second day.

If you email nasa I found they are super responsive and helpful.

I am going to mid ohio in may (paid by tmc) and planning on gingerman in june. ? in addition to my regular autocross season this is my first time on a real circuit so I am very excited!

Bla1rBr1ck

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I actually found that for me, the $9 Amazon fix didn't stay on when I was going above 120 or so. It might've been due to bad installation, or it could just be the force of air rushing past overcoming the bonding agent.

Damn that sucks. LOL Ive been 150mph in Mexico and they are still on.

Bla1rBr1ck

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Right on. Yea others say CSGs are pretty fire. Brake fluid probably a good call to just to be safe since its driving at a more intense level. TY!!
Sponsored