Every New Supra comes with One Year NASA Membership

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
I actually found that for me, the $9 Amazon fix didn't stay on when I was going above 120 or so. It might've been due to bad installation, or it could just be the force of air rushing past overcoming the bonding agent.
Hmm, I too have the Amazon fix and been on multiple track sessions where I reach speeds of 140mph and stayed on there. I made sure to clean the surface prior to install. 8 months later it's still on there and so far no sun fade.

Perhaps in extreme heat the adhesive may weaken?
Sponsored

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Hmm, I too have the Amazon fix and been on multiple track sessions where I reach speeds of 140mph and stayed on there. I made sure to clean the surface prior to install. 8 months later it's still on there and so far no sun fade.

Perhaps in extreme heat the adhesive may weaken?
It could be the case. I was out on the track on a day when temperatures were at 100 and another where it was 85 outside. I switched to the AMS deflectors with a bit more adhesive and haven't had any issues since.

Bla1rBr1ck

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra Nocturnal Black
Sup guys!! Just got my email for the NASA Track day!! Planning to sign up for an event in May at Sonoma Raceway. Would love to see some fellow owners there. LMK If anyone is planning to use their track day anytime soon or is down for the May track day event. Am open to other days/months as well LMK!

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
Iā€™m going to the Mid-Ohio NASA event end of April. Heard itā€™s a fun track.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m in Reno, Nevada and my goal is to finally track my car this year. It will most likely be at one of the Northern California tracks so Yeah possibly that one in May at Sonoma.

For you guys that have gone to one of these NASA HPDE events, are they good events for newbs that have never ever driven on a track before? Do they actually teach you?

Spdrmn15

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 premium
Iā€™m in Reno, Nevada and my goal is to finally track my car this year. It will most likely be at one of the Northern California tracks so Yeah possibly that one in May at Sonoma.

For you guys that have gone to one of these NASA HPDE events, are they good events for newbs that have never ever driven on a track before? Do they actually teach you?
I've been to lots of nada events, they're actually who I started with when I got into tracking my car. NASA usually has very good driver instruction, and is very beginner friendly.

Spdrmn15

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 premium
Sup guys!! Just got my email for the NASA Track day!! Planning to sign up for an event in May at Sonoma Raceway. Would love to see some fellow owners there. LMK If anyone is planning to use their track day anytime soon or is down for the May track day event. Am open to other days/months as well LMK!
What day are you signing up for? I'm thinking I'm going to try to get signed up for both days.

Bla1rBr1ck

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What day are you signing up for? I'm thinking I'm going to try to get signed up for both days.

Yo my bad soooo sorry for the late response. I did the 1 day May 21st Event. I will not be attending the May 22 event. If you are there for both days I hope to see you there!! Apologies again for the late response.

Bla1rBr1ck

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey guys!! I want to record my track day and am thinking of getting a GoPro and mounting it to the silver bar behind the seats. Anyone have any advice or think it'll work? Want to get a clamp mount for the GoPro and attach it to that bar.

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
Harness bar didn't work well for me, couldn't get spot metering to work correctly and everything outside of the car was just blown out from brightness. I use an adhesive mount on my helmet for everything now or a suction cup with it on the windshield.

Attachments

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
For the easiest thing I'd get a suction cup mount and put it on top of your car and get a gopro case with a 1/4" hole to attach it. Wind noise will be an issue. If you want to get fancy, see below.

I use a triple suction cup mount plus a single suction cup mount as a brace. The arm attached to the triple suction cup is a flexible rod with 1/4" threaded female ends on both ends. There's an attachment I put on one end to connect it to the other arm. The arm attached to the single suction cup is a solid rod with 1/4" male end and female end. Then get a gopro case that has a 1/4" threaded female socket on the bottom of it. I remove the audio from it due to wind noise and add in the audio from my dash cam. Or you can record audio separately.

- Track Day
- Autocross

As a note, I did wreck my gopro and it got flung off on my first revision of this set up that only used the triple suction cup mount and a selfie stick with a 1/4" hold to screw onto the triple suction cup mount. It ended badly as the selfie stick 1/4" hole is not reinforced, so it's important that all the 1/4" connections are extremely secure.

GoPro Triangle.png

Last edited:

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Hey guys!! I want to record my track day and am thinking of getting a GoPro and mounting it to the silver bar behind the seats. Anyone have any advice or think it'll work? Want to get a clamp mount for the GoPro and attach it to that bar.
I used the silver bar for mine

As well as drag racing

Driver608

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0, 2004 Boxster S
Just got back from my first HPDE event with NASA at Buttonwillow in my 2022 Supra. The car is freaking amazing!
Since it was the first time I tracked the car, I left the traction control on, but it seemed to get in the way. Every time I wanted to get the car to rotate, there was power drop and snap when the traction control kicked in. Next time I want to turn it off and see if I can control the beastie myself. Other than that it was beautiful. ABS is much smoother than my Boxster, I hit it a couple times today, still finding the limits.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I got a Raceseng tow hook with a built-in GoPro mount. I'd go with it over a suction mount for high speed any day.
Sponsored