Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
The JB+ is fine (I have one and turned up the gain on it) , but it wont get you logging, more power, etc like the full blown JB4 unit will.

I bought one because it was something to tide me over until I could get a full tuning solution.

In regards your original question - I have used used ODB Fusion and Torque to clear emission codes on other cars with no issues, but not the Supra.

When will the code come back? Probably in a couple of days.

The other problem you will have is passing emissions testing if you have them in your province. When you clear the code, it puts your emissions tests in the ECU back in "not ready / learn mode" until you pass a certain amount of time driving, RPM changes, etc. During this time you will not be able to pass emissions.

What will happen when you meet all the requirements to pass the test in your ECU, is that it will set a check engine light and you are right back at square one.

If you want a catless downpipe on any car, you have two choices 1) A computer tune that removes the rear 02 sensor checks, or 2) some type of simulators/extenders that either modify voltage from the rear 02 sensors or extends the rear 02 sensors away from the downpipe.

On newer cars the simulators do not work that well, if at all. Your true solution is a full computer tune that deletes these rear 02 codes.
I dont really think people should recommend turning up boost without any way to monitor things. Just in terms of reliability and safety its not really a great idea. Thats why people have so many issues with products like racechips.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bassoonytoon

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
I dont really think people should recommend tuning up boost without any way to monitor things. Just in terms of reliability and safety its not really a great idea. Thats why people have so many issues with products like racechips.
Thatā€™s great to know. Thanks for the information!

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
Bassoonytoon

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
The JB+ is fine (I have one and turned up the gain on it) , but it wont get you logging, more power, etc like the full blown JB4 unit will.

In regards your original question - I have used used ODB Fusion and Torque to clear emission codes on other cars with no issues, but not the Supra.

When will the code come back? Probably in a couple of days.
Thank you so much! This is very helpful!

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I dont really think people should recommend turning up boost without any way to monitor things. Just in terms of reliability and safety its not really a great idea. Thats why people have so many issues with products like racechips.
Correct - if you going to mess with the engine computer, make sure you have a way to monitor items - fuel trims, knock, etc.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
You will not get a CEL with a GESI cat and it will make the same power on a stock turbo vs catless. Get the JB4 (and have Jesse tune it) or don't mess with the boost. Either is a fine option; the JB+ is not, IMO. The datalogging capability of the JB4 is worth a good portion of the cost of entry.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-

MK52NV

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra GR
@zrk you think itā€™s a bad idea to run a catted DP/intake without jb4?ā€¦ I have an active catted dp but havenā€™t installed due to not having jb4, wondering if itā€™s ok or I should wait
You will be fine to running a catted downpipe and intake you wont throw a code

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91, 2018 FK8
I've had the Armytrix catless DP w/ simulator for months and haven't had a CEL. This is with no tune at all.
which simulator did you buy? Did you need two? One for primary o2 and secondary o2 ?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Thank you so much! This is very helpful!
I have two friends that do not track or race. They were considering the same exact thing. Since it wasnā€™t on the forum and they know me, they took my advice and got the JB4 with a Jesse tune. Both guys (and myself included) were completely shocked at how much smooth power gains/delivery Jesse can get out of these JB4s. The standard maps arenā€™t even close.

So again, Iā€™m like everyone else on here that has used Jesse. If you know someone local, ask them. And Iā€™ve heard lots of peeps using after market catted downpipe without a CEL. Just go with one of those :)

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Is this a update issue. Or bimmerlink never could clear emissions related codes?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Is this a update issue. Or bimmerlink never could clear emissions related codes?
bimmerlink does not help with emission, and clearing the code does not either.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
bimmerlink does not help with emission, and clearing the code does not either.
I know. But last time I cleared the CEL for O2 sensor is was gone for almost 2k miles. So I'm wondering if bimmer can clear it to. I'm okay with it coming back if it's 2k intervals.
Sponsored