devnull

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra 3.0 premium, 2021 Tesla M3P
Just to note, I reached out to AA about this and this was their reply:

“The downpipe could be going through what GESI calls a “greening effect” which is pretty much a break in cycle. Please clear the code and keep me updated if it comes back on after that.“

I coded it out already with bm3, but I’ll add it back in a bit and see if it still is throwing this I guess.
Sponsored

SupraGTS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GTS MT6

“The downpipe could be going through what GESI calls a “greening effect” which is pretty much a break in cycle. Please clear the code and keep me updated if it comes back on after that.“

I coded it out already with bm3, but I’ll add it back in a bit and see if it still is throwing this I guess.
Got the same reply from them but unfortunately the CEL came back after about 150 kilometers have driving. Have had the CEL 4 x times now.

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra Phantom
Has anyone asked AA if the guarantee is transferable if you sell it to someone else?
I asked AA about this before and unfortunately, the warranty doesn’t transfer to a second owner

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Just an heads up, my GESI cat throws a CEL all the time now after about 7,000 miles and 22 track days. Bit of a disappoint after how much these things cost.

rowdy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Renaissance Red 2.0 A90 Supra 3.0L
Just an heads up, my GESI cat throws a CEL all the time now after about 7,000 miles and 22 track days. Bit of a disappoint after how much these things cost.
no an expert in this but i wonder if there is some kind of filter or mechanical degradation that is happening to cause your CEL after use. Thoughts on reason?

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
You may recall from your high school chemistry class that although catalysts are not consumed during a reaction, they may still change state. i am not an aftertreatment engineer, but it looks like catalytic aging mechanism is similar to battery aging mechanisms. the good stuff "clumps up" during the reactions and you lose surface area that can react. Two results from a quick Google search, one talking about the chemistry, the other about experimental results.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...IQFnoECBgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0FsUuX9Z5kKtWp62L80WAX

The growth of platinum crystallites can occur via one of two mechanisms: (i) surface migration and agglomeration of particles [24,25]; (ii) oriented migration of Pt atoms towards the immobile crystallite (Ostwald ripening).

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://e-tarjome.com/storage/btn_uploaded/2020-11-04/1604490837_8205-etarjome%20Englishe.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjNvbCf0OuCAxWfD0QIHW_YCyIQFnoECA8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1J6R4thQr_yPkh-RDmp3GZ

Increasing operating temperature causes increased catalytic converterdegra
dation, decreased specific surface area, decreased oxygen storage capacity and decreased conversion efficiency. The fuel type did not influence the results obtained at the end of the catalytic converter aging period.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Did you contact AA to get it replaced?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT

Got the same reply from them but unfortunately the CEL came back after about 150 kilometers have driving. Have had the CEL 4 x times now.
Its normal for the downpipe to trigger the check engine light a few times when its still new. Once it goes through the break in cycle it should not do that anymore.

If it comes back then you need to contact Active for a replacement.

directmk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 1997 Porsche Boxster, 2016 Audi S6
Its normal for the downpipe to trigger the check engine light a few times when its still new. Once it goes through the break in cycle it should not do that anymore.

If it comes back then you need to contact Active for a replacement.
so what is considered the 'break in period'? Purchased mine in mid December, I have put 1k miles on mine, and it just now started producing CELs.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
so what is considered the 'break in period'? Purchased mine in mid December, I have put 1k miles on mine, and it just now started producing CELs.
Did you clear the code at least once? If so, did it produce CEL again?

If that's the case, contact AA and they will take care of it
Sponsored