KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
Engine light went away after putting fuel injection. But definitely I’ll have the dealer check it out.

I have 8k miles on mine. Haven’t done oil change cause dealer doesn’t wanna change it til 10k.
I have literally done three changes already on mine within almost one year, and only have 4,500 miles on mine. Don't listen to dealer about that, change oil when you best see fit. Especially after you break in, it's key to clean out all shaved metal flakes etc...

-V
Sponsored

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Also. Please do not waste the dealers time asking them to diagnose your modified car for a warning light. Remove your modifications and then see if the problem comes back. Going to the dealer for problems likely caused by your modi fat ion starts a bad circle for support for dealers as they don’t get paid to diagnose modification problems.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Also. Please do not waste the dealers time asking them to diagnose your modified car for a warning light. Remove your modifications and then see if the problem comes back. Going to the dealer for problems likely caused by your modi fat ion starts a bad circle for support for dealers as they don’t get paid to diagnose modification problems.
Not to mention the car will most likely be flagged for warranty work.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Yeah I would remove that piggyback asap. It may need a little learning but if it already pushed parameters out of wack then it isn't going to correct itself

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Yeah I would remove that piggyback asap. It may need a little learning but if it already pushed parameters out of wack then it isn't going to correct itself
I agree. Maybe toss the piggyback out and slap in Ecutek........

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
Not to mention the car will most likely be flagged for warranty work.
Car was already flagged the instant OP did his first pull after the piggyback and downpipe were installed and the ecu recorded higher values. Time to throw out the trash and go Ecutek!

Romel Roze

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Car was already flagged the instant OP did his first pull after the piggyback and downpipe were installed and the ecu recorded higher values. Time to throw out the trash and go Ecutek!
I just received this drivetrain error yesterday! I am running ECUTEK, so it is not the piggyback software per se. My MK5 is heavily modified, FBO, CSF intake manifold, PI, 1050x injectors, flex fuel, additional fuel system etc.

I was running the car hard and the all of a sudden no power. Like it went into limp mode. Transmission still shifts. I have a Transmission tune too. No issues outside of unable to accelerate. Outside of that it drives normal.

Considering the power I am making I assumed the trans was malfunctioning, but there is nothing wrong other than I am unable to accelerate. Maybe it is a problem with the torque converter?

The engine oil was changed Saturday, and so the talk about the oil does not apply. Not sure that would matter anyway since this is a drivetrain malfunctioning and not a powertrain malfunction. I make over 650wtq on a stock trans, which made me think it's a trans issue.

Toyota recommends changing the trans oil every 30k miles. Since I am modified I wonder if it should be like 15k miles? I have 20k miles on the car. I am surprised more owners haven't encountered this issue.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I just received this drivetrain error yesterday! I am running ECUTEK, so it is not the piggyback software per se. My MK5 is heavily modified, FBO, CSF intake manifold, PI, 1050x injectors, flex fuel, additional fuel system etc.

I was running the car hard and the all of a sudden no power. Like it went into limp mode. Transmission still shifts. I have a Transmission tune too. No issues outside of unable to accelerate. Outside of that it drives normal.

Considering the power I am making I assumed the trans was malfunctioning, but there is nothing wrong other than I am unable to accelerate. Maybe it is a problem with the torque converter?

The engine oil was changed Saturday, and so the talk about the oil does not apply. Not sure that would matter anyway since this is a drivetrain malfunctioning and not a powertrain malfunction. I make over 650wtq on a stock trans, which made me think it's a trans issue.

Toyota recommends changing the trans oil every 30k miles. Since I am modified I wonder if it should be like 15k miles? I have 20k miles on the car. I am surprised more owners haven't encountered this issue.
Scan with bimmercode and you can see what the actual drivetrain codes are. Until then, it is a mystery.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

You have Ecutek, just open it up in the app and see what your DTCs are. Then we can help.

I just received this drivetrain error yesterday!
FWIW, all of the "heavily modified" cars get drivetrain errors. All the time. Then we scan and fix. It's very likely not transmission related, since you're likely in limp mode.

Romel Roze

First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
You have Ecutek, just open it up in the app and see what your DTCs are. Then we can help.

FWIW, all of the "heavily modified" cars get drivetrain errors. All the time. Then we scan and fix. It's very likely not transmission related, since you're likely in limp mode.
There were 5 errors detected by the ECUTEK app. The issue was caused when the rubber cuppler ripped between the FTP charge pipe and the turbo inlet pipe 😳 I herd of those coming off but never being torn.

You can't see that it is torn, you have to feel it because the tear is in the back of the hose. That is good news.
Sponsored