Drove a friends Kia EV6 GT today... damn fast

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I was able to drive my friends Kia EV6 GT today. This was the first full EV I've driven.

The power was truly endless and pushed you in the seat without any deficiencies of shifts or torque bands.

Not something I would be in the market for but accelerating in a weird addictive fashion.

576 hp, 0-60 in 3.2 sec, quarter mile 11.4 at 121 mph

Some overly impressive stats and the supportive seats were very nice.

IMG_2972.jpeg

IMG_2971.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Nice stats. Interesting looks.. Obviously, I understand looks are subjective, but I don't understand why all companies have to make their EV vehicles look "different" by making them look like a grade school project meets lunar rover. Like, make the EV version look the same as their normal sport coupe, sedan, etc, but guts of an EV. Some of their other Kias look pretty good.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
They are a great "bang for the buck" at $61,000 or so. (same price as the Supra 3.0)
The Tesla Model 3 Performance is about as fast but neither would likely beat the Supra on a track. I've seen a few GTs on the road but most of the EV6s I see are the non-GT models.

Zoomie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 RSX, 2021 4Runner, 2023 GR Supra 3.0MT
Friends of mine bought one recently and I looked up the specs. Holy hell.

The guy is the adrenaline junkie type but his wife is definitely not. She accidentally pushed the GT button and saw God. Their last car was a Volvo station wagon.

I'm incredibly impressed with the acceleration of EV's, to the point I've questioned whether I should have bought a Supra. Then I remember that someone will always have a faster car and I really love the look and specs of the A90.

I worry that car companies are using the insane torque of newer EV's as a selling point. It comes with the territory because electrics have instant torque, but people aren't necessarily shopping for (or even expecting) this kind of acceleration. Electric cars are heavier than gasoline vehicles and they lack some of the cues that help people realize how fast they're going. That's a bad combination, especially in the hands of people who are buying their EV to be 'green', and not for a sub-four second 0-60.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Remember that many parents have their newly-licensed teen drive the "safest" family vehicle. Unfortunately, with an EV, that may mean having a 5000-lb death machine that can flatten a 30 year-old driver's civic, along with the driver.

....not good!
But for most buyers, the acceleration of an EV serves two purposes:
1. Provides a "bragging right"
2. Allows them to laugh their heads off as they pull away from most sporty cars or other ICE vehicles

A Corvette C8 driver would prevent this from happening but those don't often sell for less than $80k AND they are not exactly reliable cars.

Last edited:

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I wish my electric car was actually fast. Might take away some of the boring.

200hp/266tq
3700lb
FWD

=

Not fast.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
Nice stats. Interesting looks.. Obviously, I understand looks are subjective, but I don't understand why all companies have to make their EV vehicles look "different" by making them look like a grade school project meets lunar rover. Like, make the EV version look the same as their normal sport coupe, sedan, etc, but guts of an EV. Some of their other Kias look pretty good.
"AeRo DynAmiCS"

SupraGTS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GTS MT6
I've got a 2023 Supra and a 2023 Tesla Model Y.... I know the Supra would get it in a long enough race but on the street the Tesla actually feels faster and in a lot of scenarios would win in a race. The instant EV power and ability to lay it down effectively would mean a Supra would need a perfect launch to have a chance on a short street race. I am sure they wouldnt be popular here but I really love my EV.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I've got a 2023 Supra and a 2023 Tesla Model Y.... I know the Supra would get it in a long enough race but on the street the Tesla actually feels faster and in a lot of scenarios would win in a race. The instant EV power and ability to lay it down effectively would mean a Supra would need a perfect launch to have a chance on a short street race. I am sure they wouldnt be popular here but I really love my EV.
Which is more fun to drive ?