Zupra1776

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
let me tell you, flex fuel changes everything. My sweet spot is between e40-e60. Marin hijacked my sport display so that my torque meter reads my ethanol count. I usually run 7 gallons of 91 and 6 of E85 and that gives me a fantastic blend. I have found some gas stations have e54 so no blending needed. It’s definitely a game changer. Highly recommend but must be tuned by Marin or someone as capable. There may only be like 3 total people that perform the magic Marin does. Don’t follow ecuteks app that locates “ecutek master tuners” because that’s how i got my first pathetic tune (not by Marin).
Any O-ring issues with the flex fuel kit like others had?
Sponsored

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
@Axix23 What’s so :rofl:???

@George Dankha, replace the first “x” with an “s” and the second “x” with an “f”. ;)

Last edited:

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra
No issues thus far in 700 miles with the Visconti Flex kit.

What was the fix for the issues some had? Improper install? Bad part?

OP
OP
Zupra1776

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No issues thus far in 700 miles with the Visconti Flex kit.

What was the fix for the issues some had? Improper install? Bad part?
I'm curious to know what O-rings are being used in the kit because several common O-ring selections are good for either gasoline or Ethenol but not both. Fluorocarbon for example is a premium O-ring material that would work well for both but is considerably more expensive than natural rubber.

frankelito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 3.0 P
The only complaint ive seen... One of the local guys here had the o-ring on the Visconti Flex kit fail. It dumped a 1/4 tank in a matter of minutes. There's been a few ppl its happened to, so just keep an eye on the fuel line.

Other than that the performance on 93 is great, but going to e50/flex is outstanding. As far a tuning my preference is Mikey Botti. Either you can email him or purchase the package from @EastCoastSupra he does offer the OTS maps and Flex fuel package.

https://www.eastcoastsupra.com/product-page/ecutek-kit-featuring-mikey-botti-ots-tunes
Just happened to me this morning, sent a support message over to visconti to see if they can replace the fuel line or if i can buy a new one without buying the whole kit.

Went for coffee waited on the line, once i started leaving the place my cabin started smelling straight like gas, drove 15 mins back home. Checked under the car and i was leaking like a bi**. Opened the hood and saw the mess

OP
OP
Zupra1776

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just happened to me this morning, sent a support message over to visconti to see if they can replace the fuel line or if i can buy a new one without buying the whole kit.

Went for coffee waited on the line, once i started leaving the place my cabin started smelling straight like gas, drove 15 mins back home. Checked under the car and i was leaking like a bi**. Opened the hood and saw the mess
I bet it's due to the materials the O-ring is made from.

Below are two references charts for O-ring material types and their ranked usage for Ethenol and Gasoline respectively. Essentially what you should look to these charts for is a material that is green on both. That means it's a material that will not only hold up chemically to both gas and ethanol, but will also withstand a Dynamic seal application. Meaning a variety of different pressures and temperature. If someone would like to tag Visconti or send him the charts below be my guest.

My suggestion would be fluorocarbon O-rings on all seal points in the kit, much more expensive than traditional O-ring materials, but should fix the issue those of you have reported as these are commonly used in aviation for high octane, high temperature, high vacuum applications.

Screenshot_20210608-212208_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20210608-212136_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:

frankelito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 3.0 P
I bet it's due to the materials the O-ring is made from.

Below are two references charts for O-ring material types and their ranked usage for Ethenol and Gasoline respectively. Essentially what you should look to these charts for is a material that is green on both. That means it's a material that will not only hold up chemically to both gas and ethanol, but will also withstand a Dynamic seal application. Meaning a variety of different pressures and temperature. If someone would like to tag Visconti or send him the charts below be my guest.

Screenshot_20210608-212208_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20210608-212136_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Yup, it happened 2 days after I was running a e50 blend (the max blend i can currently run) sensor was touching e 52 and e 53 but not beyond that. Kinda curious if this what caused it

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra
Any updates or resolutions for those that had issues?

OP
OP
Zupra1776

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any updates or resolutions for those that had issues?
I'd imagine Visconti is probably pretty busy and only gets on forums every once in a while. I'd email him directly, but I don't want it to come of as an attack on his product, as I'm definitely a buyer and want it to be fixed so it can succeed in the market.

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra
I'd imagine Visconti is probably pretty busy and only gets on forums every once in a while. I'd email him directly, but I don't want it to come of as an attack on his product, as I'm definitely a buyer and want it to be fixed so it can succeed in the market.
Absolutely - I don’t want to be a bother for a problem I’m not personally experiencing. Just curious what others resolutions have been. I’ve got a upcoming road trip so reliability is on my mind.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
When I ran E85 on my STi, I rebuilt the entire fuel system and replaced all of the o-rings in the fittings with Viton (FKM/fluorocarbon). I ran that for about 10 years with zero issues. It should be pretty easy to find Viton o-rings in whatever size you need to replace the ones it comes with.

OP
OP
Zupra1776

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
When I ran E85 on my STi, I rebuilt the entire fuel system and replaced all of the o-rings in the fittings with Viton (FKM/fluorocarbon). I ran that for about 10 years with zero issues. It should be pretty easy to find Viton o-rings in whatever size you need to replace the ones it comes with.
Yup, they're popular in aviation so definitely no shortage, they just cost more than your traditional material.
Sponsored