Easy spot to pull vacuum for a boost gauge?

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Finally get that boost gauge and oil temp gauge that the factory Supra should have came with
Sponsored

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Well it turns out I was wrong. One obd2 gauge per car for aem gauges. Luckily
@Thraxbert recommended this company that makes gauges for diesel trucks that works quite well as daisychains. Plus itā€™ll show up to 8 different sensors per gauge at once! Along with shift lights, min / max pop up warnings for 20 sensors at a time, and even more features Iā€™ll probably never touch.

Just plug into the obd2. Mounting from ortiz custom pods on the way here.Next update should be the completed setup
Very nice! Do you have a link to the gauges by chance? Would love to pick these up.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Anyone know where to get the manifold boost tap?
13D9C551-EBAA-4A5F-B9D2-1F8EE5C6F1E9.jpeg

I ordered from THREE different places and none are the correct part they display in their websites. So pissed

A3E53515-5A21-413A-A368-218F81AA4ED9.jpeg

I even called the last place I ordered it from (nitrous express) and they said itā€™s the exact same piece as they show on the site. How can it be so complicated

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

I ordered from THREE different places and none are the correct part they display in their websites. So pissed

I even called the last place I ordered it from (nitrous express) and they said itā€™s the exact same piece as they show on the site. How can it be so complicated
That looks like it will work, but tap a different location.

Iā€™ve used https://www.turnermotorsport.com/BMW-Supra/c-1207-bmw-boost-tap

OP
OP

MikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2014 TRD Supercharged Tundra
I ordered from p3cars.com.. worked great aside from some minor trimming

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
problem with the a-pillar gauge. Itā€™s built like Chinese garbage, didnā€™t fit great and snapped once the screw behind the airbag was tightened.

Trying to see what Ortiz pods will do for me, may wrap it in leather if needed. I will update.

Attachments

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Those do look nice guys, Iā€™m just really wanting the gauges on the a-pillar. Ortiz is going to warranty it out, they are dope nice guys that run that place. This time Iā€™m paying a shop to put it in, I highly doubt I put it in wrong but just in case.

George Dankha

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Toyota Supra Premium
Those do look nice guys, Iā€™m just really wanting the gauges on the a-pillar. Ortiz is going to warranty it out, they are dope nice guys that run that place. This time Iā€™m paying a shop to put it in, I highly doubt I put it in wrong but just in case.
Got mine done at GoodSpeed in AZ. Post pics when yours is complete. Would love to see.

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
Thought Iā€™d throw in my 2 cents (theyā€™re Canadian cents - so probably not worth a lotā€¦ lol)

I know a lot of people on the forum have OBDLink Bluetooth scanners for Bimmercode so I decided to try out their app in the garage (since I canā€™t do anything else with the Supra after 2 feet of snow). The gauges refresh fairly quickly and they are customizable within the free app.

I have a $20 magnetic phone mount thatā€™s attached to the wireless charging cover and it keeps my phone very secure (even at the track). Works pretty well with minimum investment and a fairly clean look.

Attachments

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Thought Iā€™d throw in my 2 cents (theyā€™re Canadian cents - so probably not worth a lotā€¦ lol)

I know a lot of people on the forum have OBDLink Bluetooth scanners for Bimmercode so I decided to try out their app in the garage (since I canā€™t do anything else with the Supra after 2 feet of snow). The gauges refresh fairly quickly and they are customizable within the free app.

I have a $20 magnetic phone mount thatā€™s attached to the wireless charging cover and it keeps my phone very secure (even at the track). Works pretty well with minimum investment and a fairly clean look.
VERY nice! It wasn't clear reading back through the thread - what app is this?

...and I'll take all of the Canadian cents you want to throw my way, man!

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
VERY nice! It wasn't clear reading back through the thread - what app is this?

...and I'll take all of the Canadian cents you want to throw my way, man!
This is the ODBLink app (thatā€™s its titleā€¦ theyā€™re very creative). It only works with OBDLink MX/CX adapters. I canā€™t give a lot of impressions on it yet but Iā€™m looking forward to seeing what it can do once spring arrives.
It seemed to work well in my garage. It showed throttle position, coolant temp, voltage, etc. It also showed boost but I could only get it from -0.7 to -0.3 as I didnā€™t want to rev it too much in the garage. The G force displays use the phoneā€™s accelerometer but most other information comes from the OBDLink itself.
Sponsored