Emergency call system malfunction

Kmm90450

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Didn’t know if anyone else has had this issue. I will get the emergency call system malfunction on display after driving the car for a short distance. My GPS is also not accurate and has my location off by several miles. Also, no mods and under 600 miles on the car. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Just take it to the dealer, have them figure it out. Probably activation/software issue that no forum member could help with...

OP
OP

Kmm90450

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I was hoping to avoid local dealer, they already tried scamming me by telling me I needed a new battery, then magically it all worked out but they still wanted an hours worth of labor. Guess I’ll have to bite the bullet and take it back in.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I was hoping to avoid local dealer, they already tried scamming me by telling me I needed a new battery, then magically it all worked out but they still wanted an hours worth of labor. Guess I’ll have to bite the bullet and take it back in.
If it needs a new battery then that falls under your warranty. Should be free.

OP
OP

Kmm90450

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
If it needs a new battery then that falls under your warranty. Should be free.
It was done under warranty after some stern words with them, just left a bad taste in my mouth. Had another bad experience with this dealer years ago as well.

Ravi_A90

First Name
Ravi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' GR Supra, 09' Pontiac G8 GT
Didn’t know if anyone else has had this issue. I will get the emergency call system malfunction on display after driving the car for a short distance. My GPS is also not accurate and has my location off by several miles. Also, no mods and under 600 miles on the car. Thanks for any help.
Hey man,

I need your help, can you provide or find out what your dealership did to fix this. My car started doing the same thing about 2 months ago, I took it into the dealership for the "Free" oil change, and to have this issue fixed. The car has been there for 3 weeks, going onto 4 weeks (and they are estimating it will be there for another 2-3 weeks)
I have minor mods, no tune.

The dealership today tried to close the case, after a lack of communication on their part. Their tech apparently fried two ECUs trying to fix this problem. They did a software update(Which I had to pay for) to get the full screen apple car play - after this, they said they tried fixing the communication module and the ECU stopped working so they replaced it under warranty.
The second ecu came, they installed it, and the car was working. They were moving it so that I can pick it up, the emergency call function failure came up again, they tried fixing it and said the ECU fried again.

Now the "everything is covered under warranty" became "We aren't sure if we can fix it, since it seems whatever I flashed on the car is causing the problem." Their tech said I flashed the car, and I explained to them I didn't, and I asked for proof that they checked for a flash.
They said they never checked, and that the tech assumed it was flash. I never flashed the car AS OF YET. I plan on to, but I didn't since I don't have my downpipe, I only have an exhaust and intake. Their tech assumed it was flashed because of those mods. They also claimed they had a tech from Toyota Head Quarters come and look at the car and made the same claim.

Also, they claimed I did a Engine swap to a Turbo V6 and that MKVs only come with a Turbo 4. Which then I had to explain it comes with a Turbo Inline 6, and that they should look up the VIN. They did, and to their surprise I was right.

As you can see, I've lost all faith in them working on the car. I am out in New York, Queens. If you can send me anything from your dealership that can help, and I can take it over to them and fix it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

climhazzard

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
This is a common issue with BMWs (various root causes though) and shouldn’t be so difficult to diagnose - I would suggest contacting Toyota directly and see if that helps.

Reactions: zrk