Edit: what exactly does it do?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Those bolts going into the diff cover bottom holes make me cringe a little. That area of the diff isn't exactly designed for load. Sure, it's an iron case, but it's pretty thin there.

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 12.25.15 PM.png

OP
OP
zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Those bolts going into the diff cover bottom holes make me cringe a little. That area of the diff isn't exactly designed for load. Sure, it's an iron case, but it's pretty thin there.

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 12.25.15 PM.png
The brace has been tested on several high-power cars over significant of passes with no issues to the diff. The other three mounting points of the diff remain unchanged, but it is recommended you replace the front bushings with solid bushings as well.

The bolts do reuse the factory bolt holes from the diff cover, yes.

The diff case itself is definitely not why we keep spare diffs in the trailer, though. The diff itself fails far more often then the case.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
The brace has been tested on several high-power cars over significant of passes with no issues to the diff. The other three mounting points of the diff remain unchanged, but it is recommended you replace the front bushings with solid bushings as well.

The bolts do reuse the factory bolt holes from the diff cover, yes.

The diff case itself is definitely not why we keep spare diffs in the trailer, though. The diff itself fails far more often then the case.
Yea, fair. I probably wouldn't run it without upgrading the front bushings. I'd also be interested in what happens when a wheel lifts in the air and back down, which is common on a track where you turn the steering wheel and not just going straight.
Sponsored