Chappers

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
€5 for a day licence is much better than £200 😂 , thanks for sharing. Yes if someone can confirm this can be done that would save the locked ECUs needing the OPF delete module.

assuming you don't need a special OBD cable and a normal ELM327 or OBDLINK will work for example

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
I ordered and fitted today the Akrapovic OPF back, see my above post. i wasn't prepared to pay the even sillier price for their OPF delete section, so I ordered this instead:
https://www.echappement-ragazzon.co...00-ragazzon.html?search_query=supra&results=9
I'm going to fit it later because I have a 3000 mile, 6 country, road trip coming up and don't want to risk a check light or worse limp mode while I'm away. When I get back we'll see if it finally makes proper sports car noises or not.
Hope you had a good road trip. Did you ever get the OPF delete kit fitted? What's your thoughts?

Rupert

First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
Hope you had a good road trip. Did you ever get the OPF delete kit fitted? What's your thoughts?
Road trip was great including a run on a autobahn, it was quite busy but still saw 150mph. Just got around to fitting the OPF delete pipe and harness. It gave a check light after a couple of km's on first restart. Which is really annoying, especially as at first I thought the sound was better in Sport mode but now it seems to be only running in normal mode, perhaps a function of the check light. Really spoilt my Sunday now.

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Oh that sucks 🙁

What's your first thoughts on sound/volume when driving? Or not left the garage.

Hope you get it sorted

Rupert

First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
My impression is that there is no difference between normal and sport, feels like the valve is closing once on the move. Buti It's definitely open at tick over in sport or normal. Just going out for a tinker .

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
That's strange. Still thought it would be noticeably louder than stock even when closed.

I unplugged my valve connector so it's open all the time.

Rupert

First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
That's strange. Still thought it would be noticeably louder than stock even when closed.

I unplugged my valve connector so it's open all the time.
So I removed the delete harness and cleared the check code, lucky I saw you have to push the start button 3 times without your foot on the brake to get diagnostic mode. Went for a 50km drive with a couple of stop starts and still no check light. The delete harness is a BMW one so maybe that was the problem or maybe it's faulty. I'll play later but for now it's not broke so.........

Noise wise what's strange is normal or sport make very little difference, the only thing is that in sport it burbles a bit on down shifts and over run, less than my Cayman used to but pleasingly mellow. The acid test, the wife is relieved as she was expecting a pop and banging monster.

With a standard rear can the difference would have been more noticeable I think. All in all if it had come from the factory like this I'd have probably been satisfied, but after lobbing four grand at it I'm still a bit disappointed.

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Glad to hear it doesn't pop and bang all that much more than standard, that's my biggest fear when messing with the exhaust. I already have the "UK exhaust mod".

Given your disappointment, not sure what route I'll take. Maybe a catted downpipe and keep the OPF. Guess that's your next move?

Rupert

First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
As a side note, I noticed while fitting the exhaust that the chassis brace you need to remove is like a piece of toy car, easy upgrade replacing that with something more rigid I think. Made a load of difference on my old 370Z.

Rupert

First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
Glad to hear it doesn't pop and bang all that much more than standard, that's my biggest fear when messing with the exhaust. I already have the "UK exhaust mod".

Given your disappointment, not sure what route I'll take. Maybe a catted downpipe and keep the OPF. Guess that's your next move?
I've found previously it got noisier when hotter so hopefully once I get it into the mountains it will be enough. Just need the wind deflectors so I can thrash it through tunnels with the windows down.

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dissapointing that you still got a check engine light with the module, it shouldnt really matter if it's for a bmw provided it's for a B58...

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i've got a few options on my list but after speaking to a few people the garage whifbitz exhaust is quite popular with a nice deep tone so that's on my christmas list from santa right now 😂

Rupert

First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
Dissapointing that you still got a check engine light with the module, it shouldnt really matter if it's for a bmw provided it's for a B58...
Ironically I've now done a couple of hundred km without the module and still no check light. I've got next weekend in the Pyrenees so that we'll see then.

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
i've got a few options on my list but after speaking to a few people the garage whifbitz exhaust is quite popular with a nice deep tone so that's on my christmas list from santa right now 😂
Let us know what you end up with and how it goes. Going for stainless or titanium?
Sponsored