Feeling in brake pedal when wipers first start

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
This is weird. I get in the car in the morning, start it and click the windshield wipers once or twice to get the dew off the windshield and I get this “bump” in my brake pedal on each of the wipes.

if I keep the wipers going the “bump” goes away.
WTH?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
Yeah nothing to video really just a clunk sound and you fell a bump in the pedal on the first couple swings of the wiper.

I’ve done some reading on the BMW boards and its been an issue that’s been noticed for years. Evidently it may have something to do with brake drying. When you turn your wipers on it tightens the pads against the disk.

IDK.

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yeah nothing to video really just a clunk sound and you fell a bump in the pedal on the first couple swings of the wiper.

I’ve done some reading on the BMW boards and its been an issue that’s been noticed for years. Evidently it may have something to do with brake drying. When you turn your wipers on it tightens the pads against the disk.

IDK.
very probable. euro cars tend to implement some sort of brake drying in case of poor weather so that the pad and rotor have the best brake response/emergency braking. not something i've seen advertised on the supra.

Reactions: zrk

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line

IDK.
Increased braking with wipers on?
Track guys will love this ?
Sponsored