Few Questions before Taking Delivery on Thursday...

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Hi All! I am taking delivery on Thursday for a new 2022... I am very excited!

A quick question:

Before leaving the dealer, what should I be checking to make sure they did their PDI correctly? My dealer has made me wait almost 2 weeks now since the vehicle arrived so their "Certified Tech" can PDI the vehicle. I feel the dealer has no idea how to handle one of these cars and I want to make sure they do everything they are supposed to before I even drive off the lot.

- I will look for the bump stops removed from the suspension
- Is there any way I can confirm the software version of the infotainment system to confirm they updated it to the newest possible?
- Anything else I should look for?
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I would set up Toyota Connect while you're there and if you use an iPhone, connect your BT and CarPlay to ensure it works. BMW had some subscription problem in the past with Apple where a big portion of us lost CarPlay for several months and it came back later per auto download while the car is on.

Other then that, just the usual check for scratches, dents, dings, swirls, interior scuffs, tire pressure, etc. and charge your battery when you get home using a battery manager compatible to ASM until it floats.

Congrats.

OP
OP
Delta1Seven

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
charge your battery when you get home using a battery manager compatible to ASM until it floats.
Thanks for the info! Forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but what does this mean until it floats?

I assume you mean to to top it off and then I should be good assuming I drive it a few times a week?

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I would check to make sure gps and maps pull up and works...I had to take mine back in and it's a process that apparently takes a few days of sending codes back and forth with BMW at the Austria plant. At least that's what I was told. Congratulations on getting your car. I have no doubt you will absolutely love it.

OP
OP
Delta1Seven

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
I would check to make sure gps and maps pull up and works...I had to take mine back in and it's a process that apparently takes a few days of sending codes back and forth with BMW at the Austria plant. At least that's what I was told. Congratulations on getting your car. I have no doubt you will absolutely love it.
Thanks! I'm a little nervous as this will be my only (daily) vehicle... I am trading in my Silverado so I'm a little nervous of missing all the extra space I currently have... But oh well, I'm pretty sure the enjoyment of the supra will make up for that.

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Thanks! I'm a little nervous as this will be my only (daily) vehicle... I am trading in my Silverado so I'm a little nervous of missing all the extra space I currently have... But oh well, I'm pretty sure the enjoyment of the supra will make up for that.
I tried daily-ing mine for a few months but then decided to park it in the garage and get a used Corolla. I just couldn't keep putting miles on it daily. Especially with such crummy roads out here. So now it's more of a project and fun car to take out on nice days. But honestly it felt very comfortable for me driving it daily when I did about an 70 minutes each day.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Check if NAV is working.
Warm up the car, (I wouldn't go crazy with revving..), then do the oil check.
You can plug in USB and get the software info, etc. but easiest would be to check if you can get your iPhone maps, etc. full screen. If you cannot get out of Split Screen, chances are it's old..
Check if everything on the Window Sticker is there if you care for carpet, cargo mat, etc. Don't know if you custom ordered it with paint protection or CF mirror caps. check those..
Check for obvious paint issues. By this time all issues should really have been dealt with. (some issues with black paint early on)
Definitely check the state of battery like Puzzled mentioned. If you don't have a battery tender/trickle charger, get one with a screen that shows current state of battery. or get BimmerLink app and check, but you need a dongle for it as well.
like so: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=trickle+charger+agm+screen
maybe this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DD8BJ9V
there are better ones for sure..

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Immediately after you do all the other stuff stated above drive the car to a performance shop that you trust and get an alignment done.

The alignment from the factory is complete trash. Should be around 200-250 for a quality alignment. It's beyond worth it.

Also, do all the BimmerCode shit.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Check if nav is working, if it is, they did the software portion of the PDI. Other than that, look over the car like you mentioned and you're good to go.

Travelingsoldier

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 2.5RS, 2003 WRX, 2005 STI, 2012 WRX, 2017 Hobie Tandem Island
You need to full send immediately after leaving the dealership. The first 20 miles will be very important as you will want to seal those piston rings.

also, check the front struts if they removed the shipping spacer
3A8C51EE-E1B6-4B72-947E-4109478B3779.jpeg

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI

SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Also, make sure it's at least 1000 hp stock or send it right back!

For real, congrats! I've owned since August and still find myself going out of my way to drive a little longer. It's been a true pleasure.

Now if I can deal with my mod problem.....oh don't worry..... it'll come for you too! LOLLLOLOLOL!
Sponsored