Need a few opinions on dealership incident.

W Bird

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Accord V6
Sinner, you were not in the wrong, but now you know how they operate. Talk to your salesperson and tell them you are going to buy the next one they get with a black interior, no questions asked. If you need to hash out the price or other details, do it now. You will get your Supra. Be sure to post.
Sponsored

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Did the buyer have a deposit (third in line) at that dealership? If not, you should've had the chance to see it. That's the way it goes at some of the dealerships near where I live in CA.

But I had a bad experience with Camelback Toyota in AZ. They had assured me that if no one bought the car on Thursday, I would have first dibs on Friday. On Thursday afternoon, I received a text saying that someone had made an appointment for Friday morning and that this person agreed vocally to pay an extra $3000 in added dealer options over what I was going to pay.

We had a deal and they chose to override it.

Mock01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Refraction A91
Did the buyer have a deposit (third in line) at that dealership? If not, you should've had the chance to see it. That's the way it goes at some of the dealerships near where I live in CA.

But I had a bad experience with Camelback Toyota in AZ. They had assured me that if no one bought the car on Thursday, I would have first dibs on Friday. On Thursday afternoon, I received a text saying that someone had made an appointment for Friday morning and that this person agreed vocally to pay an extra $3000 in added dealer options over what I was going to pay.

We had a deal and they chose to override it.
As a general rule, screw Camelback Toyota.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
As a general rule, screw Camelback Toyota.
I agree, but learned the hard way. The good news is that bought my 45th Anniv Supra (local dealership) on the same night. I guess I was lucky, although their after-sale call-back responses have been non-existent.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Hi OP, sorry to hear that. This is typical with dealers, not just with the Supra but also 4runners, RAV4 prime, GR Corolla, etc. where they sell vast majority of them sight unseen - even with a deposit.
Basically, unless they hear "I will buy this car now, and I'm coming in to do paperwork pronto" they just move down the list and call the next person. While these cars are special for us enthusiasts, for them it's just product they need to move. Ur best bet is to let your sales rep know u are still in the market, and ask him/her to call u on the next allocation. Just manage ur expectations on whether you will see it (most likely not) and when you will get it (delivery is wildly imprecise).

Andrew__a90

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
They don't care. My friend was number 15 on the list for a GR Corolla. But their rep pulled the allocation and gave it him before everyone else because he was a friend and was paying cash.
This happened to me too, I was buddy’s with the dealer at our location and skipped six people in line for the Supra.

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
Your 1000k earned you the call, the sec you flirted, he called the next 1000k. Buyers are liars is the saying in the business. You should have said sure call me when it arrives and then act like you ordered a black interior and the sales guy never told you.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
They don't care. My friend was number 15 on the list for a GR Corolla. But their rep pulled the allocation and gave it him before everyone else because he was a friend and was paying cash.
This happened to me too, I was buddy’s with the dealer at our location and skipped six people in line for the Supra.
ummm-you-listed.gif
Sponsored