Taking delivery and storing in winter

Souprahman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Tacoma TRD Sport
I live in Michigan and I’ve secured an allocation for a 23’ manual Supra that keeps getting the delivery date pushed back. The car is scheduled to arrive anytime between now and 12/31. I don’t plan on driving it on our salted roads during the winter and will probably be storing it in my garage.

What are some steps I can take to ensure the car is properly cared for? Should I be changing the factory oil once winter ends before I break in the car?
Sponsored

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
I received my A91 MT the weekend after Thanksgiving.

I called AAA and had them tow the car with all the wrapping left on it (you can ask the dealer to leave all this on).

Stored it in my garage by overinflating the tires, adding Stabil to the fuel, a baking soda fridge thingy inside, and a battery tender.

Change the oil after your 1200 mile break in. Just sitting not turning on isn't going to shear oil.

Isaleus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT , 2008 Orange GMC Canyon

I called AAA and had them tow the car with all the wrapping left on it (you can ask the dealer to leave all this on).

Stored it in my garage by overinflating the tires, adding Stabil to the fuel, a baking soda fridge thingy inside, and a battery tender.

Change the oil after your 1200 mile break in. Just sitting not turning on isn't going to shear oil.
This. I drove mine through Michigan winter on the stock PSS tires just fine.

Changed the oil at break in and off you go. There are a bunch of threads on this already too.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT

What's the baking soda fridge thingie? Is that some kind of dehumidifer?

YukonSupra

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Phantom
What's the baking soda fridge thingie? Is that some kind of dehumidifer?
Take a box of baking soda, open it, and place somewhere inside the cabin that it won't tip. By doing this with a fridge in your house, its supposed to keep any unwanted odours at bay, so should also work in the car.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Take a box of baking soda, open it, and place somewhere inside the cabin that it won't tip. By doing this with a fridge in your house, its supposed to keep any unwanted odours at bay, so should also work in the car.
What! No vinegar??? Damnnn, baking soda will feel lonely.