Winter storage procedures / Are you storing Supra for winter?

zamiel

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 MR2 Turbo, 2018 Honda Civic Sport, 2020 Supra
Another option is the CTEK chargers. I've got this CTEK one and it works just fine.

Boomer64

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV, Lexus RX350 & SC430
I went with the 7A version (looks like a newer version), and connected it in early November when I put the car away for the winter. Very easy to use, and is configurable to our battery type and trickle charge / maintenance mode. See CarGuy11 video for connection location and charger settings. Couldnā€™t wait any longer so got back on the road yesterday, and car started immediately.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
If you don't have the battery charger showing fully charged, how do you know the charge state of the battery?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
If you don't have the battery charger showing fully charged, how do you know the charge state of the battery?
the listed charged that I linked has a display that tells you the bar level of it charged and reduces the amps when it gets close to fully being charged.

I can say the A90 does get discharged for sitting inside a garage and not driven for a few weeks.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
the listed charged that I linked has a display that tells you the bar level of it charged and reduces the amps when it gets close to fully being charged.

I can say the A90 does get discharged for sitting inside a garage and not driven for a few weeks.
Sorry, I meant on the car but I found it on Bimmer Link, it shows percentage. A little frustrating as I drove about 4 hours yesterday and today the battery shows 80%. Nothing has been used on the car but something must be draining it, since after 4 hours of driving yesterday, I would think that the battery would be near 100% of charge.

Raehan

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 jeep grand cherokee diesel, 2020 supra gr, 2013 Cmax
Winter storage

I have 2020 supra in storage for winter. I have tried two different trickle chargers. They show green to start then give yellow error light after running for awhile. I know the car turns off ā€œnonessential devicesā€ after a period of time (5 min with car locked and key not near car) and wondered it this has anything to do with it?
So: 1. Are the electronics affecting my ability to do maintenance charge. 2. If so, can I just go directly to the battery? 3. Do I need to do any of this? Can battery last 8 weeks without charging? Would there be any issue with just unhooking the battery to avoid slow discharge?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I like simple so I just hooked up a Battery Tender Jr in Sept last year and will be pulling her out of hibernation come April. I plug the battery tender to the charge posts under the hood. I do this on my other 2 cars in hibernation as well. No issue. You can keep the doors locked or unlocked. Doesn't matter.
Sponsored