Featured First TRD Parts (and Pricing) Available For 2020 Supra

Discussion in 'General Supra Topics' started by Supra93, May 17, 2019.

1. Pheonix

Pheonix Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 6MT (track car), 2011 BMW 128i 6MT (daily), patiently waiting for 2020 Supra 6MT
    Liked:
    #61 May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
    That's nice an all but I wanna see some actual functional parts. We need an aftermarket (or TRD) front bumpers that have functional openings, functional rear diffusers which have a panel going all the way to the differential with aggressive fins directing airflow, some flat body underpanels with the side skirts, and functional hoods, and GT wings providing actual downforce. This TRD kit is just a simple BMW design like approach which BMW does on their own cars with their trunk lip spoilers, front lips and so called "diffusers".

Can't wait to see what Voltex, C-West, APR, and Varis come up with on the car.

Bryster likes this.
  2. johnny_10196

johnny_10196 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    John
    Car(s):
    Ford
    Liked:
    Toyota Supra TRD mods likely for Australia

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/toyota-supra-trd-mods-likely-for-australia-74862

The all-new Toyota Supra hasn't even arrived on sale yet, but there's already a market emerging for modifications and additional equipment.

A range of Toyota Racing Development (TRD) parts has been revealed, and it looks likely that - regulations permitting - the bolt-on bits will be offered in Australia when the Supra launches in September this year.

The all-new Supra is already a sight to behold, but the new bolt-on TRD parts include a carbon front spoiler, carbon side skirts, carbon door finishers, carbon rear spats, a carbon rear spoiler and 19-inch forged aluminium wheels (19x9 up front, and 19x10 at the rear).

Toyota Australia product planning manager, Orlando Rodriguez, said the company is looking at all possibilities for its performance hero model, as Australia's rampant car enthusiast culture will demand it.

"That's something we're looking into," said Mr Rodriguez. "We need to look into whether it meets all of the ADR Australian requirements, but yeah, definitely something that could come up in the space - we'll keep you updated on that."

Being a product of a joint-venture between Toyota and BMW - and with powertrains and technology taken from the Bavarian marque's stable rather than familiar Toyota tech - there's a question over how the company will cope with the servicing demands of the high-performance engine.

Toyota Australia director of marketing and sales, Sean Hanley, said the new Supra may not be solely a Toyota product, but that the brand is confident that won't be a barrier to service or repairs if anything goes wrong.

"We have shared information and we will make sure that our technicians are trained appropriately to perform any maintenance that is required for the Supra," said Mr Hanley.

"I can assure you that our customers that buy Supra will be super looked after."

3. MA617M

MA617M Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    lots
    Liked:
    Engineer
    Orlando is a cool guy.

4. madweazl

madweazl Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Aaron
    Car(s):
    '15 Mustang GT & '13 Ram 1500 Longhorn
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    How much flatter can it be down there?

5. RCOB

RCOB Member

First Name:
    Bob
    Car(s):
    2017 Corvette Grand Sport, 2019 GMC Yukon XL Denali, 2016 Mazda CX-5
    Liked:
    My salesman called me yesterday and said they had received their allocation and he had a vin number for mine in the color I wanted - Absolute Zero. The spec sheet shows that it has the Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps. Any pictures yet on what that looks like? With all of the photos from the port there must be one that shows what the car looks like with those mirror caps.

XtremeMaC and tonyng92 like this.
  6. BrettS

BrettS Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2011 gti
    Liked:
    Pricey option at almost 1000$
    E11662DC-164A-413D-A00C-6858BA08B370.jpeg

XtremeMaC and nigaskiga like this.
  7. RCOB

RCOB Member

First Name:
    Bob
    Car(s):
    Liked:
    Your right. That is pricey. I was really hoping for the red mirror caps because that is one of the distinguishing features of the LE.

8. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Car(s):
    2013 FRS
    Liked:
    May be able to request the red ones, and then sell the CF ones privately

9. Rotaryrunner

Rotaryrunner Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Mazda RX 8
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Tbh I hate the red mirror caps and would wrap them gloss black asap.

I hope you don't have to pay the cf caps because it sounds like you didn't ordered them.

tisdrew and Vaevictum like this.
  10. RCOB

RCOB Member

First Name:
    Bob
    Car(s):
    Liked:
    BTW Brett - thanks for the picture

BrettS likes this.
  11. whostorm05

whostorm05 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ryan
    Car(s):
    Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged, Trans Am
    Liked:
    If my dealer tries to force feed options on me I'm going ballistic.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Kirk
    Car(s):
    ?
    Liked:
  13. Pheonix

Car(s):
    2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 6MT (track car), 2011 BMW 128i 6MT (daily), patiently waiting for 2020 Supra 6MT
    Liked:
    Wait for the aftermarket to offer CF parts like mirror caps, "door garnish" (LMAO at that name), front lips, side extensions and rear spoilers. It will be probably cheaper than TRD ones. These TRD reminds me of the BMW M Performance approach with their CF mirror caps, rear spoilers, front lips and the like. You can get cheaper and better quality on the aftermarket.

14. Pheonix

Car(s):
    Liked:
    https://gramsstyling.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/IMG_2191-copy.jpg

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1176/8328/products/versus_diffuser_3_1024x1024.JPG?v=1529436445

We need something like these. Functional.

Not something like this...

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51GVAvW-HDL._SX425_.jpg

Aka only for looks. And these TRD parts looks like that only...made for looks. Similar to BMW M Performance Parts like so...https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PERFORMANCE/BMW-M-PERFORMANCE/EXTERIOR-DESIGN---STYLE

And Toyota is charging BMW M Performance prices for it.

15. XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2013 GT86, 2020 Supra
    Liked:
    Engineer
    I would like to assume that they either painted the carbon fiber mirror caps to red (on Absolute White) or they're going to give both.
    For sure paint job isn't that expensive, but to advertise the LE's with red caps and then to sell them with carbon fiber is rather awkward.
    Again, for sure carbon fiber is more expensive, but doesn't add "color" to the car as much as a red cap does.... Anyhow, I suppose Toyota wanted to throw in a few more things for the LE takers. I don't have a problem with that :)