JoshuaQ

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
When assembling the hoses I would recommend teflon tape rather than the liquid thread sealer it comes with. I used the liquid and almost all the fittings leaked, creating a mess on my garage floor and tripling the time/effort to put it together.
I will use Teflon tape as long as it doesn't say not to. I've always got spare teflon since my HVAC days.
That wasn’t a joke, lol. It doesn’t have to be a bike pump, I just used my air compressor, but you need something to pump the cylinders up to pressure during initial setup.
Ah, it shows that it comes with a device to raise and lower it, but I do have a compressor if it's needed. That was actually why I did come here, just to make sure I don't need a compressor, etc, but I have one if I do need it. Thanks for the info!
Sponsored

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Ah, it shows that it comes with a device to raise and lower it, but I do have a compressor if it's needed. That was actually why I did come here, just to make sure I don't need a compressor, etc, but I have one if I do need it. Thanks for the info!
The compressor/bike pump is just for initial setup, it's not needed after that. One of the initial setup steps requires pressurizing the tanks, page 25 on this doc:
https://www.quickjack.com/pub/downloads/QuickJack-SLX-Model-Manual.pdf

Once everything is set up, using the QuickJack just requires placing the jacks under the car, aligning the pads so they'll hit the jack points, plugging the hydraulic hoses into the jacks and the power unit, plugging the power unit into wall power, and then pressing the "Up" button on the remote.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Reminder when using them, always vent the fluid reservoir. I believe they have a couple different caps/plugs/screws whatever and one does require you to unscrew it some before using it. I think others don’t need to be loosened before use so just be mindful. That’s from experience.

OP
OP
JoshuaQ

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you, everyone for the great/helpful comments. Exactly what I (And I'm sure a couple others) were looking for. Also apologize if there were 20 Quickjacks posts. I'll be honest I didn't search this time (I usually do).

OP
OP
JoshuaQ

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had to buy low profile blocks for mine. It was close, but I did need them.

All is well, loving the Quickjacks after changing the oil with it.

Does anyone use it at the second locking point? I only went with the first, and was curious if it's sketchy on the 2nd lock point.

Thanks all for the help/posts!

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
I had to buy low profile blocks for mine. It was close, but I did need them.

All is well, loving the Quickjacks after changing the oil with it.

Does anyone use it at the second locking point? I only went with the first, and was curious if it's sketchy on the 2nd lock point.

Thanks all for the help/posts!
Always all the way up.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
The compressor/bike pump is just for initial setup, it's not needed after that. One of the initial setup steps requires pressurizing the tanks, page 25 on this doc:
https://www.quickjack.com/pub/downloads/QuickJack-SLX-Model-Manual.pdf

Once everything is set up, using the QuickJack just requires placing the jacks under the car, aligning the pads so they'll hit the jack points, plugging the hydraulic hoses into the jacks and the power unit, plugging the power unit into wall power, and then pressing the "Up" button on the remote.
I need (want) to get one of these. Is this the least maintenance and easiest to use of them all?

Rob901

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 STi, '23 A90-MT
I need (want) to get one of these. Is this the least maintenance and easiest to use of them all?
I've only had mine for a month or so but they are already my favorite tool. Lifting cars is now a simple, quick process. Plenty of space as long as you don't mind being on a creeper. Highly recommended.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I've only had mine for a month or so but they are already my favorite tool. Lifting cars is now a simple, quick process. Plenty of space as long as you don't mind being on a creeper. Highly recommended.
If there was a single jack point in the front, it’d be way easier. I just want to change my tires and occasionally bleed the brakes 😂. The MX5 was like a toy car. LIght and jack points (frame access) everywhere. So this seems like the best bang for the buck for sure.

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
If there was a single jack point in the front, it’d be way easier. I just want to change my tires and occasionally bleed the brakes 😂. The MX5 was like a toy car. LIght and jack points (frame access) everywhere. So this seems like the best bang for the buck for sure.
The best price I found for the 5000TL is on walmart.com. $1475 with free shipping. Mine came in about 3 business days after ordering.

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
Reminder when using them, always vent the fluid reservoir. I believe they have a couple different caps/plugs/screws whatever and one does require you to unscrew it some before using it. I think others don’t need to be loosened before use so just be mindful. That’s from experience.
Lol I thought I had my tank plug loose enough the first time..... apparently I did not and collapsed the plastic tank a little.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
I’ve had mine for about 2 years and used it probably 20 times, so far the only maintenance I’ve had to do is re-tighten the plastic bulkhead fittings for the electrical cables on the power unit because they worked themselves loose.

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
I will say, all the videos I have watched on these I thought it was going to be louder. But it's very quiet when in use.
Sponsored