QUICKJACK BL-5000SLX

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Is there any record of the quick jack mechanical locks ever failing? I did a quick search and didn't find anything. Is it even possible? Using a jack stand (also a mechanical lock) as a back up for another mechanical lock just seems unnecessary.

I mean, sure, nothing in life is ever 100% but it seems the odds of a mechanical lock failing would have to be astronomically low. Like being hit by a meteorite low. See what I did there...

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Is there any record of the quick jack mechanical locks ever failing? I did a quick search and didn't find anything. Is it even possible? Using a jack stand (also a mechanical lock) as a back up for another mechanical lock just seems unnecessary.

I mean, sure, nothing in life is ever 100% but it seems the odds of a mechanical lock failing would have to be astronomically low. Like being hit by a meteorite low. See what I did there...
IDK man, have you seen Final Destination?

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I have heard of folks who don't make sure that the locks are in place, and then the hydraulic bleeds off a bit and it caused a scare.

I recently read something about a jack that shot out from under the car sideways.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/298456-quickjack-cautionary-tale.html

As long as you set them up correctly, have no issues with leaks in the hydraulic system you probably won't have any issues - however, having a backup never hurt anybody!

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I have heard of folks who don't make sure that the locks are in place, and then the hydraulic bleeds off a bit and it caused a scare.

I recently read something about a jack that shot out from under the car sideways.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/298456-quickjack-cautionary-tale.html

As long as you set them up correctly, have no issues with leaks in the hydraulic system you probably won't have any issues - however, having a backup never hurt anybody!
Holy cow that is sobering. I also have plastic tiles like him. Time for me to get some yoga mats for under my quickjacks! lol

EDIT: Went through the whole thread and noticed he had the lift blocks in the wrong orientation. They should be sideways. This is how I use my quickjack.

Last edited:

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Holy cow that is sobering. I also have plastic tiles like him. Time for me to get some yoga mats for under my quickjacks! lol

EDIT: Went through the whole thread and noticed he had the lift blocks in the wrong orientation. They should be sideways. This is how I use my quickjack.
I am considering a QuickJack but am not following about the blocks and how that works with the Supra/BMW jack points. Any insight would be appreciated....!

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
I am considering a QuickJack but am not following about the blocks and how that works with the Supra/BMW jack points. Any insight would be appreciated....!
With the quickjack the blocks that come with it are a rectangle hard rubber that you put on top of the quickjack which has a channel built into the jack for adjustment. Just put the blocks were the jacking points are for the supra. It doesn't damage the jacking point at all. I've used mine over a dozen times now.

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
With the quickjack the blocks that come with it are a rectangle hard rubber that you put on top of the quickjack which has a channel built into the jack for adjustment. Just put the blocks were the jacking points are for the supra. It doesn't damage the jacking point at all. I've used mine over a dozen times now.
Got it ! - I get it now - I could not find any pics online that showed the top of the jack - this helps! - Thanks...!
Sponsored