First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Unscrewed mishi boltZero oil. Opened Forge can.. Zero oil

B187AFE7-DB80-44EC-819A-D9E4341FF568.jpeg

Intake tract.. Lots of oil (HKS filter is soaked see pic above)

Can't really figure oil source :dunno: No smoke so turbo seal should be fine..
Thanks for taking the time and updating us @a90moe . Ugh, this must be super frustrating. That intake is absolutely drenched. So zero in Mishimoto can and zero in forge can. Looks like they are both failing at serving its purpose.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Thanks for taking the time and updating us @a90moe . Ugh, this must be super frustrating. That intake is absolutely drenched. So zero in Mishimoto can and zero in forge can. Looks like they are both failing at serving its purpose.
Very frustrating I tried everything.. I know a couple with the same exact issue too

Problem is also oil accumulation in charge pipes and then clamps slipping and popping off (even with T clamps)

Taking car in on Saturday to examine..

OP
OP
Snorlax27

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very frustrating I tried everything.. I know a couple with the same exact issue too

Problem is also oil accumulation in charge pipes and then clamps slipping and popping off (even with T clamps)

Taking car in on Saturday to examine..
For sure, I know a couple of similar BMW engines suffer from oil accumulation as well.

On the next service for my M3, Iā€™ll pick my mechanics brain and ask what the solution might be or what causes this.

You are running an aftermarket turbo right? Iā€™m wondering if that is also allowing excess oil to seep through?

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Well.... no cans are working?! Mishimoto and forge who sell this crap, should explain why there products are not doing what there supposed too!!, or re-engineer there products, or pull them off the shelves!
PS thanks Moe

OP
OP
Snorlax27

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well.... no cans are working?! Mishimoto and forge who sell this crap, should explain why there products are not doing what there supposed too!!, or re-engineer there products, or pull them off the shelves!
PS thanks Moe
Agreed. They shouldnā€™t be selling these products if they arenā€™t doing what theyā€™re intended to do.

Manufacturers are so quick to be first and rush products out without doing proper R&D. Theyā€™re letting the consumers be the guinea pig which is actually quite concerning.

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
And if they do have oil in them, youā€™ve
Won the Supra lottery!!!?

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I for one will be extremely less than impressed if my Verus top can & Mishi btm can are dry when I get around to checking them.....
Please check..

Mishi was installed on my car and 2 other friends Supras at the same time

2 had zero oil, one had a tiny bit collected. We then all removed the Mishi.. I then added back later on to further test..

We all three then all added a Forge.. All three collected zero oil

All three cars have a Pure800

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
I wonder where the oil is being introduced from. Either the cans are bad at knocking down the oil (but there should be some residue) or oil is not being introduced through those lines.

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
Please check..

Mishi was installed on my car and 2 other friends Supras at the same time

2 had zero oil, one had a tiny bit collected. We then all removed the Mishi.. I then added back later on to further test..

We all three then all added a Forge.. All three collected zero oil

All three cars have a Pure800

I will do soon, its holidays here now so will be able to find the time to pull it to bits

I have stock Turbo, BM3 Stage 2, around 4-5K on both cans, no really hard driving (track) though

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I wonder where the oil is being introduced from. Either the cans are bad at knocking down the oil (but there should be some residue) or oil is not being introduced through those lines.
There is a small amount of oil residue in the lines

My theory, mostly fumes/vapor that pass the catch can and accumulate in the form of oil droplets once they condense in the intake tract and later charge pipes

Or.. Oil from turbo which I will check and update later on

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
There is a small amount of oil residue in the lines

My theory, mostly fumes/vapor that pass the catch can and accumulate in the form of oil droplets once they condense in the intake tract and later charge pipes
I guess that is possible especially given the thin 0W-20 oil used in this engine ?