Forge Catch Can

AlRayes_BRN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
The check valve on my CCV line was going the wrong direction (from the factory) which wasn't allowing ANY oil to be pulled through the can forcing oil to exit places it's not supposed to.. so I removed it altogether. I will add before doing this mod the can was bone dry with roughly 1,000 miles. After this mod, the mishi can is pulling all kinds of mess out.
How is this possible? Does this mean most of our cars are facing the same issue?
Sponsored

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Can the check valve be reversed? Any pics? is this for real?

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
The valve can easily be disassembled and reversed however there are no markings to determine it's direction.. I had to blow through the line to figure this out. I figure, with the can in place there's no real reason to have a valve so I just yanked it.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Correct me if i am wrong but the valve should be closed until a certain pressure is reached at which point it opens. ... if it were reversed you are saying that it is blocked at all times?

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium (Downshift Blue)
no, forget mishi, i am talking about oil in the charge pipe. They do not isolate if it is the ccv or pcv system but they all accumulate significant oil in the charge pipe
Rumor has it, its coming from the CCV.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
its for ventilation when the pressure in the crank case gets above a certain point, otherwise the crank case is a closed system. I am not sure what the consequences are for essentially having a hole in the crank case at all times. You probably could not detect a difference because you are unable to achieve the pressure required to open the valve by blowing.

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
its for ventilation when the pressure in the crank case gets above a certain point, otherwise the crank case is a closed system. I am not sure what the consequences are for essentially having a hole in the crank case at all times. You probably could not detect a difference because you are unable to achieve the pressure required to open the valve by blowing.
Are you implying the check valve is actually a regulator??

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Potato potato? I dont know, i am stating what the system is for, it is to equalize pressure and vent pressure above a certain point. It has oil in it because there is oil sloshing around your crankcase and as it vents the air, the air is contaminated with some oil. I suspect removing the valve causes you to catch way more because you essentially have a hole in the case where oily air can escape at all times. The valve being backwards one would think would be poke yoked out of being able to happen but i guess anything is possible.

think of the valve almost like a pressure relief valve on an air compressor tank. You hit the pressure, the valve opens and vents the pressure. The pressure comes back in line, the valve closes. How does the pressure increase in the crank case? The pistons moving up and down, perhaps some air making it past the piston rings.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Oooh, yeah its focus is not contaminants, it is to open under certain pressure to stabilize the pressure. The oily mix is contaminated because in cases where the pressure is due to air making it past the piston rings, the air can have some gas or carbon in it.. in addition to the oil vapor it picks up along the way.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
in bmws the ccv is part of the pcv where the ccv is some kind of cyclone oil air separator. I am not sure how the whole system works in the supra

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Bflood,the check valve was installed backwards from the factory?!?! And u removed it? Why didn’t u reinstall it going the proper direction?