Front collision avoidance system.

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
Thank you, all for the "constructive" advice.
You don't understand what constructive feedback is. Constructive doesn't mean it's feedback you want to hear, it means it's feedback that describes how to improve.

Here are two examples:

Non-constructive: Your slow reaction time makes you a danger to others on the road. Also, you're stupid and ugly.

Constructive: Your slow reaction time makes you a danger to others on the road. You should keep the collision avoidance system enabled to reduce the danger you pose to others.

You've received a bunch of constructive feedback in this thread.
Sponsored

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Iā€™ve never had emergency braking kick in, but the Supra definitely can accelerate very hard (especially with a downshift or two). It closes gaps in freeway traffic so quickly that anyone who isnā€™t paying complete attention could easily be caught out by shit luck/slippery roads and have a bad day. I kill the safety systems for HPDE/autox, but donā€™t mind them at all for normal driving. People are scary as fuck on the freeway in heavy traffic.

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
The Front Collision avoidance system showed the flashing red car on windshield at the track I was trying to figure out how to shut it off. I was scared that it will apply the brakes during a track session.

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.
I've had the red warning flash on screen but never the brake applied. When I was backing up once the brakes enganged and I couldn't move.

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I wonder if reading the owners manual would give the answers here? I know I know, crazy idea!

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 2.06.19 PM.png
Oh S***! You're the Manual guy! Autographs please? :D

I mean it's an honor to meet someone who promotes his own written work as much as you do! Oh wait.... :p

jeffgazoo

First Name
Jeff Blosser
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium 2022 Rav4
It is, just not constuctive.. :hmm:

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever activated the auto brake going forward.. only in reverse backing out of my garage as the sensor confuses itself when the sun hits it in certain angles.
This just happened to me yesterday backing out of the garage, scared the S%$t out of me

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..

trev_rs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 Abarth 124 Spider
I've never had this engage on my car. I must be set to late. I've never noticed any lane departure stuff work either .. the only odd thing it has done is I tried reversing with the door open and it kept slamming on the brakes and putting itself in to park.

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Have never had a false alarm with any of these systems so they are well worth it imo.
At first I was skeptical about it on the Supra, but overall I've had no issue. I used to have constant false alarms on my previous car, which is why I was so skeptical. It was so bad that it almost made me get rear ended like 4 times (mainly when switching lanes, it would think I was going to hit the front car and it absolutely SLAMMED the brakes). Thing is, it would keep the brakes pressed for a full second and then the cars behind me would also have slam their brakes. I ended up shutting it off. It was more of a safety hazard than a safety feature.

Gladly the Supra is not like that at all.

crcl

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2001 Ford SVT Lightning
Iā€™ve had mine trigger the braking on a steep exit from a parking lot into traffic and almost got me killed. So, itā€™s definitely an imperfect system. Safer with it off. If you donā€™t want to run into the back of someone, donā€™t follow so close and you wonā€™t have that issue.
Sponsored