Front plate placement / Let's see those personalized License plates

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
Have you spoken to your dealer or Toyota about this?
According to realoem.com there are actual license plate holders for each market with a part number. So I'm assuming it's mounted along the assembly line.
Not spoken to them yet, will wait until a little further on in the process first. It doesn't look too bad with the plate so if it's possible to get without holes drilled I'd go along with it but if not I'll be looking into tow hook mounting or something.
Sponsored

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
I really really hope the license plate bracket is a dealer prep item instead of being factory installed. Every car I've ever ordered, I told the sales guy to make sure the techs didn't mount the bracket. Worked like a champ up until my Audi. Those bastards do it at the factory... :mad:

Redphaser

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Golf R 6MT, 2006 Lotus Elise
So, according to RealOEM (Part number 7 on that page) that tiny little cutout in the right hand fake "vent" is a tow-hook cover, meaning it should be trivial to do a side-tow-hook mount and avoid the buck-tooth look. It also should avoid blocking any major air flow or interfering with the front sensors provided I have my scaling correct (I compared it with some BRZ/FRS front plates and just eye-balled it).

Doing a quick mock-up I don't think it looks too bad, especially in comparison to the putting it in the middle, and is very likely what I'll be going with.

ipeBVRr.png

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
^^Thanks for this. I also live out in Texas so this kind of gives me an idea of how it'll look. I'll still try running without one, but my luck is pretty bad for the most part lol.

halfmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lexus rx350
I wish someone would introduce a bill that would allow the consumer to choose for the front license plate (for states that require it) the regular large/fat license plate or a newly introduced long rectangular skinny plate like the Euro plates. I don't mind the large/fat plate for the back but the look for many cars are destroyed with these large/fat plates in the front. I know they say part of the reason for having the plates in the front is for toll roads and easy identification and such but most people don't put them on not because they're trying to avoid toll roads or hide from the po-po. They don't want to put them on because it looks ugly so if they at least make the mandatory front plates smaller (like the Euro plates), law enforcement might actually see more people putting them on.

Daigor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
98 Toyota Supra
So, according to RealOEM (Part number 7 on that page) that tiny little cutout in the right hand fake "vent" is a tow-hook cover, meaning it should be trivial to do a side-tow-hook mount and avoid the buck-tooth look. It also should avoid blocking any major air flow or interfering with the front sensors provided I have my scaling correct (I compared it with some BRZ/FRS front plates and just eye-balled it).

Doing a quick mock-up I don't think it looks too bad, especially in comparison to the putting it in the middle, and is very likely what I'll be going with.

ipeBVRr.png
I believe that placement is covering the Sensor for the Active Cruise Control. (Assuming that you bought the Premium).

Redphaser

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Golf R 6MT, 2006 Lotus Elise
I believe that placement is covering the Sensor for the Active Cruise Control. (Assuming that you bought the Premium).
Iā€™m 99.9999% sure itā€™s not. The ACC sensor should be the flat piece on the left grill (same spot as the tow hook cover, just on the other side). In the link I posted it designates part number 06 as having the ACC option.

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
All of the sensors on the front if this car are going to wreak havoc for those dreaming up wild body kits.:hmm:

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
https://www.motor1.com/news/304256/texas-bill-nix-front-license-plate/

Apparently, the Mazda MX-5, Subaru BRZ, Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Camaro, Nissan 370Z, and the new Toyota Supra arenā€™t worthy of a sports car moniker. Heck, with the $60,000 stipulation the Porsche 718 Boxster would be out too. Even the Corvette ā€“ a car which King specifically mentions as an example for creating this bill ā€“ doesnā€™t make the cut with a base price of $55,900. How embarrassing.

Itā€™s worth noting that the Statesman also said King put forward this bill because a constituent and supporter with ā€œa number of carsā€ asked him too. You can probably connect the dots from there.
First world problems AF....
Sponsored