Front plate placement / Let's see those personalized License plates

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
Went to see my car in the garage again today but this time brought the plates and tow hook mounts. Bent the mount slightly to match the curve of the car and stuck the plate on. Plate has full size UK lettering and spacing. If you zoom in as well on the right top corner there is a faint black line which shows where it overlaps the body. Planning on getting more accurate measurements at some point and trimming that excess so it fits the vent nicely. Bracket also needs trimmed at the bottom, but all seems to fit pretty well!

BZH9XCF.jpg
Sponsored

Bosstee

First Name
Bastian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Went to see my car in the garage again today but this time brought the plates and tow hook mounts. Bent the mount slightly to match the curve of the car and stuck the plate on. Plate has full size UK lettering and spacing. If you zoom in as well on the right top corner there is a faint black line which shows where it overlaps the body. Planning on getting more accurate measurements at some point and trimming that excess so it fits the vent nicely. Bracket also needs trimmed at the bottom, but all seems to fit pretty well!

BZH9XCF.jpg
Awesome, does the placement interfere with any of the sensors?

What is the width of that plate?

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Awesome, does the placement interfere with any of the sensors?

What is the width of that plate?
Car hasn't had PDI completed so can't fully test the sensors but the plate sits behind the middle one, and doesn't go much past the body line next to the side one so shouldn't interfere with any of them. The plate size is 432x112mm.

HATED1

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
86, 370z, 350z, 240sx
Looks good! Especially with the slight bend to match the curves. Can you let us know once you get a chance if it interferes with any sensors? Thanks again!

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase

BZH9XCF.jpg
Hate to say it Scott, but I hate that. I hate having mine in the windshield, but not as much as I hate that. It just spoils the look of the car.

I think we need to adapt the OP post of this thread with a couple of L brackets, so it can go in the original position but without drilling into the car.

That or it's a sticker plate. But that's just as ugly too.

Uggh, there is no good place for the front plate on this car.

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hate to say it Scott, but I hate that. I hate having mine in the windshield, but not as much as I hate that. It just spoils the look of the car.

I think we need to adapt the OP post of this thread with a couple of L brackets, so it can go in the original position but without drilling into the car.

That or it's a sticker plate. But that's just as ugly too.

Uggh, there is no good place for the front plate on this car.
It doesn't look the best, but as a solution without holes and keeping it on the front might be the best that can be done for now. Would be better smaller but to keep it legal needs to be that big... Nowhere to really put a sticker plate that keeps it vertical and the front is so curved tape probably wouldn't hold in the centre. Would be interesting to see solutions to get it in the centre with no holes, if possible would definitely consider it!

AK713

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
looking for some “Supra specific” license frame for the back. Y’all find any?

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
There are OEM Toyota frames, but they're only in Japan thus far as I've seen and aren't really "Supra" specific: https://toyota.jp/supra/customize/

Personally, I just went with an all black frame and got a custom Supra-related license plate number ("A90") because it will be just below the "Supra" and "GR" logos on the back of the car and another thing in that same area that says "Supra" seemed a bit... much.

All the other stuff I've is third-party stuff like this: https://www.ebay.com/i/283352151404...076BSJrPnX3QYC-roJpMxwVHTTSVM14YaAhv4EALw_wcB

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Design = carbon fiber. On black Premium.

No front plate. Ever. Ran my 86 for the 3 years I owned with no front plate, and was never pulled over.

6D56267D-ACCF-464D-85D2-8D4E52BFF41C.jpeg
Glad to see others picking the same layout - that's the one I picked up as well. ;-)

unnamed.png

Dunc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsches, Mercedes, toyotas
Vehicle Showcase
I've just ordered V50PRA here in the UK. It was that or "W8T BM" (Wot BM) but the wife like the former.