FTP Charge and Turbo Inlet Pipes

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hi all! Anyone running the FTP Motorsport charge and turbo inlet (intake) pipes with a stock airbox? I can find people listing them in build journals, but very little feedback about them, besides that they look pretty (and the former being insurance if bumping up the boost). I know these aren't necessary with all else being in stock form from a motor build perspective, but I'm curious if anyone running these has any feedback about actual effects (performance or otherwise)? Also curious to hear anyone's opinion who has an aftermarket inlet pipe of any brand on a stock airbox setup.
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I’m running both pipes with stock air box. You don’t get much performance out of them. I would classify them more as a cosmetic mod with a little more intake noise. The quality is really good and parts fit as they should have.

I’ve yet to decide on an aftermarket air box as I hate cleaning and oiling air filters.

-RJM
463055AE-DE23-4A30-8B4D-171FD71E6ACE.jpeg

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I’m running both pipes with stock air box. You don’t get much performance out of them. I would classify them more as a cosmetic mod with a little more intake noise. The quality is really good and parts fit as they should have.

I’ve yet to decide on an aftermarket air box as I hate cleaning and oiling air filters.

-RJM
Looks fantastic! I'm seeing Speed Industry selling these together for $450. Does that sound about right? Seems like they have them in-stock, too. Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking to simplify, strengthen, and make current systems more efficient without huge upgrades at this point (that will come when my '21s ECU is able to be tuned), so these seem to check the box. They certainly clean things up under the hood and are stronger and more efficient than the stock parts - anything seems more efficient than the stock turbo inlet pipe, honestly. Bonus points points for increasing sound!

I'm sticking with the stock airbox for now as well, but w/ a K&N filter, as pretty much all of the aftermarket airbox seem to interfere with the Versus Engineering air/oil separator, if I'm seeing things right. I'm also not convinced they are nothing more than $500 noisemakers on stock software w/ a stock turbo.

Anywho, thanks for the info and the pics! Much appreciated.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Honestly stock turbo, Id keep the OEM chargepipe and just change intake pipe or inlet. I had asked my tuner and the OEM chargepipe is very durable.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT

Zero

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 89 Supra
I have the black FTP charge pipe on my 21, they were about $450 when I got them, but something I am curious about is when I went to the drag strip the charge pipe was so hot I could not touch it after a pass, never tried looking at that when I was running the stock pipes.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Looks fantastic! I'm seeing Speed Industry selling these together for $450. Does that sound about right? Seems like they have them in-stock, too. Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking to simplify, strengthen, and make current systems more efficient without huge upgrades at this point (that will come when my '21s ECU is able to be tuned), so these seem to check the box. They certainly clean things up under the hood and are stronger and more efficient than the stock parts - anything seems more efficient than the stock turbo inlet pipe, honestly. Bonus points points for increasing sound!

I'm sticking with the stock airbox for now as well, but w/ a K&N filter, as pretty much all of the aftermarket airbox seem to interfere with the Versus Engineering air/oil separator, if I'm seeing things right. I'm also not convinced they are nothing more than $500 noisemakers on stock software w/ a stock turbo.

Anywho, thanks for the info and the pics! Much appreciated.
Just make sure the charge pipe is the new version with the ribs at the connection point. Earlier versions didn’t have the ribs and were separating during track use.

-RJM

3D732E63-1235-46F3-A367-5B144D368BEE.jpeg

F047FB56-6479-4A28-991D-2A9CDA8241EF.jpeg

Charlie

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GTS , Landrover Discovery 4, EVO 9 .
Hi all! Anyone running the FTP Motorsport charge and turbo inlet (intake) pipes with a stock airbox? I can find people listing them in build journals, but very little feedback about them, besides that they look pretty (and the former being insurance if bumping up the boost). I know these aren't necessary with all else being in stock form from a motor build perspective, but I'm curious if anyone running these has any feedback about actual effects (performance or otherwise)? Also curious to hear anyone's opinion who has an aftermarket inlet pipe of any brand on a stock airbox setup.
I would save your money. I have had endless problems with the silcone hose blowing off at the track. If you don't have a tune then they maybe, but there is a reason the original charge pipe is one piece. There is an upgraded FTP model but the original design simply does NOT work under boost. FTP agreed to replace it but actually getting one out of FTP is like getting blood out of a stone. Be wary of buying any second hand they are probably the initial flawed version being unloaded. My advise is don't do it ..... not a FTP anyway.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
I would save your money. I have had endless problems with the silcone hose blowing off at the track. If you don't have a tune then they maybe, but there is a reason the original charge pipe is one piece. There is an upgraded FTP model but the original design simply does NOT work under boost. FTP agreed to replace it but actually getting one out of FTP is like getting blood out of a stone. Be wary of buying any second hand they are probably the initial flawed version being unloaded. My advise is don't do it ..... not a FTP anyway.
AMS had a bad run of charge pipes as well. I spoke with my tuner about the charge pipes since earlier turbo BMW were prone to charge pipe failures. He has tuned hundreds of Supras including Pure 700/800 cars and had not seen a problem with the OEM charge pipe. Unless you need the fittings for Nitrous, Meth or need the room for PI i'd stick with OEM.