FUNCTION WERK catless downpipe guarantees no CEL w/out tune

JWC67896

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction, 2004 Silverado 2500HD, 2004 Scion Xb, 2019 Jeep MOAB
How does the “ Cel Delete” actually work in a catless DP, so you don’t get a CL? Someone please explain.PS is there a waiting issue for the purchase of this?
It's a mixture of a spacer and the way they developed it it allows the correct amount of exhaust to pass thru with out putting the spacer miles away from the actual exhaust flow. The o2 sensor is still in the exhaust flow. Yes from what I've heard from a bunch of the people whom waited for me to be a test rabbit. They are on a waiting list. Kenji Garage is where I ordered mine.
Sponsored

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Hmmm, that requires a lot of engineering and testing,just to move 02 bung and change angle and height of sensor to avoid a CEL ,it requires a lot of research and time, I don’t think a simple speed shop has the assets to do that type of research.

JWC67896

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction, 2004 Silverado 2500HD, 2004 Scion Xb, 2019 Jeep MOAB
Hmmm, that requires a lot of engineering and testing,just to move 02 bung and change angle and height of sensor to avoid a CEL ,it requires a lot of research and time, I don’t think a simple speed shop has the assets to do that type of research.
Well function werk has been making stuff for a while now. Again do whatever you'd like. But 0 cel.

BlackNoir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2.0, C8 Z51, C8 Z06, SL55 AMG, 420 SEL
Just a quick update; I’ve driven about 150 miles (with at least 7-10 key cycles) on my 21 Supra with the Fucnction Werk Catless DP and everything so far is perfect.

Even the 2.0 has a nice refined snarl under load and there is NO CEL. As of right now, the DP is performing as advertised.

Theres a definite bump in spoolup, throttle response and mid-range power. I haven’t given it the beans yet as I only have 300 miles on the car.
Hey bud, can you provide an update on if you still have no CEL. I’m looking at the same DP. Thanks!!

Donstig

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium - Stratosphere Blue
Hey bud, can you provide an update on if you still have no CEL. I’m looking at the same DP. Thanks!!
Do not hesitate in buying that DP. I was in the same dilemma a few months ago, but I am about to be 5k miles into the DP and still no CEL. Before buying it I looked everywhere for info and there are several people running that DP with no CEL even after 10-20k miles. Ohh and btw the volume & tone increase from the stock to catless is worth it alone, specially with no CEL.

BlackNoir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2.0, C8 Z51, C8 Z06, SL55 AMG, 420 SEL
That’s great. Appreciate your insights!! Looking to get this done this month

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
Hmm GESI is having issues with the catted DP throwing codes but this manufacturer managed to avoid CELs without the cat impressive

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
Hmm GESI is having issues with the catted DP throwing codes but this manufacturer managed to avoid CELs without the cat impressive

And there's another manufacturer as well. Armytrix!

When I had my 2.0 Supra, I went with Function Werks, and it only threw a CEL after I added a piggyback. But if I took the piggyback off there was no CEL. I had this car for 10k miles

Now on my 3.0 I have the Armytrix and the same piggyback with ZERO CEL with or without it. 23k miles on this car.

Only 2 downpipe companies makes sense to own if you want catless and I had them both!

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
The catless pipes are using trickery (an O2 defouler) to not cause a CEL, the catted pipes don't use that as they are trying to fall within the expected sensor readings to not throw a CEL

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
And there's another manufacturer as well. Armytrix!

When I had my 2.0 Supra, I went with Function Werks, and it only threw a CEL after I added a piggyback. But if I took the piggyback off there was no CEL. I had this car for 10k miles

Now on my 3.0 I have the Armytrix and the same piggyback with ZERO CEL with or without it. 23k miles on this car.

Only 2 downpipe companies makes sense to own if you want catless and I had them both!
Function werk catless with JB4 piggyback here. No CEL ever. Yours was probably an overboost CEL since catless requires custom JB4 wastegate tuning, or actual flash tune obv

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
The catless pipes are using trickery (an O2 defouler) to not cause a CEL, the catted pipes don't use that as they are trying to fall within the expected sensor readings to not throw a CEL
HKS catted has a defouler.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Can't keep saying this enough but in the 2 years I have had my MAP downpipe (track days and all), no codes. I'm not the only one either. Used to be a lot cheaper though. I got mine when they were like $800....

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
But what about emissions testing. Even if there is no CEL I assume a catless would fail emissions testing right?

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
But what about emissions testing. Even if there is no CEL I assume a catless would fail emissions testing right?
It shouldn't unless there's a sniffer... I don't have them in my state, so not completely sure.

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes we have sniffers here
Sponsored