Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Unless this is for a gate at a condo or something, I recommend just getting an app controlled opener like the Chamberlane and use your AppleWatch/iPhone.

I swapped mine like 4 yrs ago and stopped using HomeLink on my various cars as they kept losing the rolling code after a few cycles on the newer garage door openers.

Plus I ride my e-bike for fun and don't feel like carrying a garage door opener remote or trust the 4 digit keypad as those are pretty easy to break. I guess something to think about if one hasn't already migrated to smart openers.
Didn’t know you can use Apple Watch to open garage door, interesting
Sponsored

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Unfortunately Chamberlain App requires a Bluetooth enabled garage door opener, which
I don’t have

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Unfortunately Chamberlain App requires a Bluetooth enabled garage door opener, which
I don’t have
Right, you need to get an entirely new garage door opener for this.. I suppose something to think about next time when you're ready to swap openers. It's extremely convenient. 👍

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
I don’t have
Doesn't Chamberlain use the MyQ app? They have a MyQ app for both iPhone and Apple watch - unless you're Android then you'd have to hook something up with IFTTT.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Doesn't Chamberlain use the MyQ app? They have a MyQ app for both iPhone and Apple watch - unless you're Android then you'd have to hook something up with IFTTT.
Yes, MyQ app indeed.

A bit off-topic, but I also got a WiFi enabled lawn sprinkler system (Hunter) ..that is also way cool. Even from my work, I can spray the dumbarse pedestrian and her owner dog when she strays off into my lawn.. :bat:

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
I originally had issues due to a regular LED bulb I had replaced in the garage opener. Apparently the LED was interfering with signal between the opener and garage door opener. I then replaced it a LED Garage specific bulb and resolved my issue.

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Yes, MyQ app indeed.

A bit off-topic, but I also got a WiFi enabled lawn sprinkler system (Hunter) ..that is also way cool. Even from my work, I can spray the dumbarse pedestrian and her owner dog when she strays off into my lawn.. :bat:
Yeah that is off topic, but I can just imagine using a front door cam and turning on your sprinkler system from work! 😜

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
I originally had issues due to a regular LED bulb I had replaced in the garage opener. Apparently the LED was interfering with signal between the opener and garage door opener. I then replaced it a LED Garage specific bulb and resolved my issue.
My garage door opener originally came with an incandescent bulb. When my separate remote car door opener stopped working, I changed its battery, then the light bulb. Neither worked, so I bought a new remote opener and it worked, perfectly. The old one was only 2 years old.

Also, you can sometimes increase the distance at which your car remote opener can open the door by soldering on a 12-inch length of wire to the door opener's existing antennae.

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
you can sometimes increase the distance at which your car remote opener can open the door by soldering on a 12-inch length of wire to the door opener's existing antennae.
No, the antenna length is already tuned to the wavelength used by the transmitter. It's not a case of a longer antenna meaning better reception. A longer antenna would be better at receiving longer wavelengths (lower frequencies) and thus worse at receiving the wavelength used by the transmitter.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
No, the antenna length is already tuned to the wavelength used by the transmitter. It's not a case of a longer antenna meaning better reception. A longer antenna would be better at receiving longer wavelengths (lower frequencies) and thus worse at receiving the wavelength used by the transmitter.
This guy antennas.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
I compared before and after distance. The longer antenna allows for door opening that is approximately 15 feet further away. Coincidence? Perhaps, but it reminds me of the time a physicist told me that there would be acoustic signal degradation of a broadband piezo ceramic assembly if I used a self-adhesive silicone disc as a backing layer, instead of casting liquid silicone between the ceramic and glass discs. I had both types assembled and tested. They were acoustically identical. I understood his theory but thought it was worth at least attempting to save time and money by utilizing an alternate method.

Low flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR Supra, 45th Anniversary, Mikan Blast
Yep, works here. My garage door opener is an old craftsman. I had to press the learn button, or whatever it is called, on the garage door opener. Works like a charm.
Sponsored