Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
For me, it was pretty simple...

1. press and hold the two outer door opener buttons, release when the LED indicator light begins to flash
  2. Put the hand-held door opener 1-3 inches away from the mirror. Make sure you can still see the indicator light.
  3. Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold the desired opener button and hand-held transmitter button. DO NOT release until the LED indicator light flashes slowly and then rapidly. When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released. Rapid flash means signal training is good.
  4. Press and hold the trained you newly setup button and observe the indicator light.
Should work now after that.
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I run newer model Chamberlaine's on my garage and while it will store the code for an extended amount of time, HomeLink tends to lose it randomly so I either bring the factory garage door opener, or use my iWatch. I don't use HomeLink any more these days although most of my cars have them.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
I run newer model Chamberlaine's on my garage and while it will store the code for an extended amount of time, HomeLink tends to lose it randomly so I either bring the factory garage door opener, or use my iWatch. I don't use HomeLink any more these days although most of my cars have them.
The manual has instructions for "rolling codes" on page 238. You have to have the car running to do that part (I suppose accessories-on mode might do the trick). It took me less than five minutes to program my car... half the time was getting a step stool to reach the synchronize button on my LiftMaster opener.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know how to program rolling codes on the openers.. but it loses the code randomly is what I am saying. Using the App is easier and you can even open it remotely from anywhere even while the security is turned on.

So on my openers the security is on 100% of the time.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Holy effing crapola I've been trying to figure this crap out for the longest effing time. My garage door opener is a Genie brand and I had to press the effing pairing button on the flipping opener itself for the final step. I don't have a ladder so I just used my torque wrench to get to the pairing button.. I need a drink.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Holy effing crapola I've been trying to figure this crap out for the longest effing time. My garage door opener is a Genie brand and I had to press the effing pairing button on the flipping opener itself for the final step. I don't have a ladder so I just used my torque wrench to get to the pairing button.. I need a drink.
Hahahaha

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
I was easily able to program the Supra Mirror HomeLink to my Lift Master while inside the garage.

However, I've noticed it has horrible range compared to my Mazda, Lexus, and BMW M2 HomeLink.

The Supra has to be right in front of the garage door to open (and even then it takes a couple of pushes to the button to open). All my other cars (previous cars) I can open it from 5 times further away without pushing on the button multiple times.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I was easily able to program the Supra Mirror HomeLink to my Lift Master while inside the garage.

However, I've noticed it has horrible range compared to my Mazda, Lexus, and BMW M2 HomeLink.

The Supra has to be right in front of the garage door to open (and even then it takes a couple of pushes to the button to open). All my other cars (previous cars) I can open it from 5 times further away without pushing on the button multiple times.
I have noticed this as well. Range is terrible

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I have noticed this as well. Range is terrible
I have these things all over the front/back of the house for various IR controls I have for shit. I'm a huge home automation dork, and built Raspberry Pi controllers for everything.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I have these things all over the front/back of the house for various IR controls I have for shit. I'm a huge home automation dork, and built Raspberry Pi controllers for everything.
Hopefully you have a backup generator as well. I have a few smart home devices dotted around connected via AT&T fiber which works even when the power goes out. Only the security devices I have and my router are connected to a backup power source though.

But yea I agree, range for the built in garage door opener on these cars is horrible. The car has to be like 4 yards away before it works.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Hopefully you have a backup generator as well. I have a few smart home devices dotted around connected via AT&T fiber which works even when the power goes out. Only the security devices I have and my router are connected to a backup power source though.

But yea I agree, range for the built in garage door opener on these cars is horrible. The car has to be like 4 yards away before it works.
I don't, I rent. But I have enough UPSs in the rack to keep the majority of the computers/P0 automation running for somewhere around 3 hours. We also don't have many power outages here in Chicago, but they do happen. If we lost all power, and the P0 stuff, the worst case is I need to use a physical key to get in my place. We also have mostly MacBooks here, so I can keep working without much of an issue. The Rack itself will die, but there's not all that much interesting happening on it.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My house has a whole house generator and autoback up cellular WIFI if things go south. My 3 openers are app controlled so I can open close from basically anywhere.

But usually it's something more simple that troubles my life.. like bird crapping on the side of my house 32ft up and I just can't reach cleaning it with my frikken long extension pole or water nozzle.. or like I was about to enjoy my last chocolate chip cookie and my wife ate it.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE

I have a Liftmaster system too, and the Supra always opens it from about 50 feet away and a single click. Not any different than Liftmaster’s own remote.
Sponsored