Get a dashcam my dudes! Only way to explain this BS to the insurance!

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
What fuse did you use? I was under the impressions all power was cut after 7 minutes
That is true but that’s why I was mentioning they have a battery; there is no need for constant power.

Depending on conditions, parking mode will last a couple days before the dashcam’s battery drains. If movement or a collision is detected, it will begin recording using its internal battery.

Because the battery drains after a while (when the car is off), I would not recommend these dashcams if you park overnight on streets a lot.
Sponsored

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man, I'll take this with me when I go to the shop and tell them what I want done. Do body shops have issues with ordering non OEM parts? Like, will they give me push back on it?
it really depends on the body shop who you work with, whether on not if they wanna play ball with you.. some are strict when it comes to their repairs, and some are about helping you upgrade to your likings.

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
@FnkDrSpok Dude weren't we just joking about plate holes together on another thread?

Damn man this the main reason I got a Dash cam as well. Well, that and people from LA either drive really fast while texting "LMAO" to someone or the people in Tesla's attempting to prove the car can detect shitty driving 24/7

Glad you caught it and you handled that well. Years of people doing shit next to me on my GSXR have made my hyper aggressive to this stuff. Embarrassingly enough to admit as a man in them early 30s. :p

OP
OP
FnkDrSpok

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
lets see it!
Kinda hard to see with the lighting and color of the car but I have a long line going down the center of my bumper, along with the hood being crushed in a little. And again by the sensor. Fml

Attachments

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
OP, that sucks! Hope it's not too difficult or lengthy to fix. Glad you got it on cam though!

I have installed my Blackvue 750 and Magic Battery following this tread:

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/blackvue-dr900s-2ch-install-diy.4921/

However, I tapped into the 12V fuse under the passenger footwell instead and have my battery pack inside the glovebox for running parking mode.

OP
OP
FnkDrSpok

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
@FnkDrSpok Dude weren't we just joking about plate holes together on another thread?

Damn man this the main reason I got a Dash cam as well. Well, that and people from LA either drive really fast while texting "LMAO" to someone or the people in Tesla's attempting to prove the car can detect shitty driving 24/7

Glad you caught it and you handled that well. Years of people doing shit next to me on my GSXR have made my hyper aggressive to this stuff. Embarrassingly enough to admit as a man in them early 30s. :p
Man, I was on my way to the gym when this happened. I could barely focus, all I could think about is how now I got even more bumper holes! I’m definitely getting a new bumper now! Haha

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Kinda hard to see with the lighting and color of the car but I have a long line going down the center of my bumper, along with the hood being crushed in a little. And again by the sensor. Fml
Ooooofff :eek:

Ok, I'm going hopefully make you feel a little better... The headlights and parking sensors look intact and with just a new bumper fascia, you'll have no front plate drill holes. :dunno::thumbsup:

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Man, I was on my way to the gym when this happened. All I could think about is how now I got even more bumper holes! I’m definitely getting a new bumper now! Haha
i would have cried...
have you thought about using Revemoto?

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Man, I was on my way to the gym when this happened. I could barely focus, all I could think about is how now I got even more bumper holes! I’m definitely getting a new bumper now! Haha
New bumper? I think you need reimbursement for the physical therapy you now need ;) ;) ;)

jokes aside, def annoying, but I'm putting that energy you comes out ahead with some good replacements cause of this. I look forward to seeing your supra in the sick ass "What did you do" thread where I have another Supra to look at and feel inspired to un-stock my car. :D
Sponsored