Getting new tire mounted - noob question?

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Say those who are blessed with not having the type of personalities, or OCD and such, that constantly try to keep things nice and orderly. It’s a curse and at times an excruciating way to live but can’t be helped. By no means does it make us better than anyone, in fact it probably makes us worse. And you’re right, what we own does own us, but we can’t help it. I am jealous that you can live without these problems. I’m being honest, and I understand your exasperation.

Jesus Christ, now you’ve made me sound like a former Corvette owner we have on here.
Shoe fits in cold basements
Sponsored

skyviper80

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 WRX STI, 2020 GR Supra
Make sure it's properly balanced and round.

I just had a new set of Nitto's put on and the rear driver was out of round. Car is a challenge to drive.

New tire put on Friday but I haven't picked it up yet.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
People are out of control.
It’s a fucking car. The engine takes whatever oil the manual says. It’s has basic wheels that use standard tires mounted with standard tools.

Jesus…. If you guys drive yourselves neurotic over this simple shit I hate to see how you’d handle a legitimate problem.
I assume you would be cool with me washing your Supra with 80 grit sand paper?

I mean it's just a car after all!

NCMIKE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
To the OP, if you bought tires before and you had a good experience with that shop, I would go back to them for your service. Another data point is the Tirerack recommended installers, I never had an issue with any of them in several states. Google reviews help somewhat.

If they want you sign a damage waiver, run as fast as you can.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
80 grit? Bro, need a sandblaster, cleans it better and less stress on your back!
And why not roll it off the dealer lot and curb all the wheels and run it into a telephone pole? What's the big deal??? IT'S A CAR PEOPLE!!!

OP
OP
Brazuca

Brazuca

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Thank you everyone for their replies and suggestions.
Everyone has a right to their opinion on how much one should care about their cars, so not going to address that.

I ended up taking the wheel only to a Discount Tire and they had the punctured tire removed, a new one mounted, balanced, and back in my trunk in exactly 22 minutes from parking my car in their parking lot to driving out.

No issues with scratching or anything bad on the wheel. They did place the 'wheel balancing weights' near the front of the wheel (still on the inside) vs the factory weights which were towards the back edge of the wheel, but that's fine. Doesn't show too much from looking from the front.

Again, thank you all for the input here.
Sponsored