Half the Price of a Base 911... More Than Half the Fun?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..

Money per lap times the Supra wins easily.
money per fun is subjective but the 85% is pretty spot on. I still want a GT3 or GT4 clubsport
The hell man, is this GT3 FWD or something equally stupid? :crazy:
Sponsored

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
I'd take a Supra over a Cayman (any variety) any day, but I'd take a 911 (again, any variety) over a Supra for sure.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
As a previous 992 Turbo S owner, here is how Iā€™d compare the 992 to the Supra

992 Turbo S: triple the fun (launch is insane, sport plus or using sport response on roads is insane, handling is ridiculous and grip is unlimited)

992 S: double the fun (similar to turbo s but toned down a tonā€¦ still a lot of car for normal roads I supposed)

992 base: only slightly more fun, 1.5x at best

The 992 base is pretty boring compared to the higher up models IMO. Itā€™s quick, but it doesnā€™t feel fast. Itā€™s quiet. Itā€™s refined.

Itā€™s a nice daily commuter but not what I would choose a as a ā€œfunā€ car.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
All 911 has rear seats? I donā€™t like rear seats. . hey, but no one asked me ..:hmm:

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
I canā€™t believe how much 911ā€™s are still inflated in price. There are 100k (CDN) 997ā€™s around me that 2 years ago were 50k tops.

Iā€™m going with a Supra instead of a 911 so my staff doesnā€™t ask for more money when I drive it to the office šŸ˜€
What??????????? YOU SORRY CHEAP BAS---D LOL!

Oh I meant SHREWD BIZ MAN :)

James

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Motorcycles
What??????????? YOU SORRY CHEAP BAS---D LOL!

Oh I meant SHREWD BIZ MAN :)
Not to derail this thread but I didnā€™t mean to come off as an arrogant asshole when I posted that.

I work my tail off physically and mentally for the money I make and Iā€™ve taken lots of risks to earn what I do. I also pay my employees better than others in the industry and treat them like family.

It still sends a different message when you pull up in a 911 vs a Toyota, just saying.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Not to derail this thread but I didnā€™t mean to come off as an arrogant asshole when I posted that.

I work my tail off physically and mentally for the money I make and Iā€™ve taken lots of risks to earn what I do. I also pay my employees better than others in the industry and treat them like family.

It still sends a different message when you pull up in a 911 vs a Toyota, just saying.
You are right, haha. My old boss drove a 911 GT2 RS with wing and badge delete. Definitely sent a different message to us common folk.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2

Was completely joking and fun no worries!

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh I didn't take it like that. I just thought you were a standard textbook asshole.. like me. :dunno:

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
As a previous 992 Turbo S owner, here is how Iā€™d compare the 992 to the Supra

992 Turbo S: triple the fun (launch is insane, sport plus or using sport response on roads is insane, handling is ridiculous and grip is unlimited)

992 S: double the fun (similar to turbo s but toned down a tonā€¦ still a lot of car for normal roads I supposed)

992 base: only slightly more fun, 1.5x at best

The 992 base is pretty boring compared to the higher up models IMO. Itā€™s quick, but it doesnā€™t feel fast. Itā€™s quiet. Itā€™s refined.

Itā€™s a nice daily commuter but not what I would choose a as a ā€œfunā€ car.
Turbo S is in my sights within next few years absolutely one of the best modern overall supercars all around

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I'd personally say you'll get the most out of a 911 by pushing it on a track, and that's where you'll experience the massive differences from an FR layout.

Drove a 991 GT3 in Vegas a couple of years ago, and it was extremely thrilling but also had a large learning curve since the car had much much more grip that I was used to.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Turbo S is in my sights within next few years absolutely one of the best modern overall supercars all around
It really is. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll buy another soon. I made a mistake selling mine when moving/downsizing (regretted it about a week later lol).

then when I went buy another one, dealers wanted such a ridiculous premium so I bought a supra for less than the markup they were charging to drive as a daily in the time being.

overall pretty happy with the Supra, except for the fact that it gets a bit more attention than I would prefer. Definitely more attention than driving a quarter million dollar Porsche supercar šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I'm enjoying a new AWE track exhaust w/ catless dp and couldn't imagine a 911 sounding this good! And if it did... it just wouldn't sound right coming out of a 911 :dunno: to me at least. So yeah out of the box and no mods, the 911 is stellar without a doubt. But holy crap this Supra is a shit ton of fun. I'd even say 110% of the fun, the longer I own it šŸ˜‹
Sponsored