Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
USDM.

2ZR-FE, 2GR-FE, 2/3/4GR-FSE, 2GR-FKS, 2UR-GSE (both revisions), 2AR-FE, 8AR-FTS, etc.

Jeff
Sponsored

AZSupra

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
B9 S4 ECU has still yet to be cracked. As for BMW, OBD2 flashing is near impossible on new models. JB4 dominates the world and will probably dominate all Euro tuning in a few years. RS cars have easier ECUs to work with than the MK7 VW Golf Simos ECUs.

As much as I love this car being talked about as a tuner special. Modern cars are not tuner friendly, in any sense of the word. Instant flagging of car back to corporate as tuned, difficult/impossible ECUs to crack etc. Stand alone ECU management? That is really not optimal or ideal on a modern car

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
USDM.

2ZR-FE, 2GR-FE, 2/3/4GR-FSE, 2GR-FKS, 2UR-GSE (both revisions), 2AR-FE, 8AR-FTS, etc.

Jeff
Add the 3UR to the list. Friends of mine are pushing +700whp out of these trucks with superchargers and turbos on the stock Denso ECU so it's not limited in anyway.

But I'd like to mentioned that the rumor has it they weren't actually cracked. The Denso ECU on the Tundra/LC/LX was undefeated until 2014/2015 when the encryption was leaked from within Toyota and then a sketchy Russian company started rolling out tuning software and just recently followed by a couple of US tuning companies. However, the late 2018 ECUs have new encryption and so far it is untunable without buying a $3000 early 2018 ECU that is tunable.

I'm not saying Toyota employees should leak internal company codes for us but that's all that is needed really. I wouldn't worry about the MKV's tunability, my guess is the ECU will be accessible quicker than the 86's and probably by Ecutek nontheless.

Verdi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
See, your proving my point yet again....another hornet attacking for no reason.

Who said you shouldn't believe A70TTR? I don't care what you chose to believe or not, why even bring that up? Did I say in any of my posts "why are you beleiving A70TTR?" Why must you put words in peoples mouths to try and prove a point? WTF is wrong is you guys???

A70 was the one who even brought up the notion of not wanting to be on this thread or forum....I never said, "go away your not wanted!" Your assuming again like every other person on this forum. Calm the hell down, and READ READ READ my comments properly. You attack like A70 is your baby or special needs kid. If he chooses to take things personal, that's his problem...I even stated that I respect his opinions and comments, but I also stated that none of the "things he's heard" have been backed up by proof up to this point. What the hell is wrong with someone questioning someone else's comments or rumors? Did I ever attack A70? If so, please show me that thread....but until then, keep quiet and let the big boys do the talking.
Reed is that you?

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
USDM.

Jeff
Jeff, I wasn't necessarily asking for engine model names/numbers....I was asking more for examples of people or places who have "cracked" the OEM USDM Denso ECM's (links to shops who have re-flashed or tuned stock Denso ECM's). I have read about a few who have supposedly done so through the OBDII, but no hard evidence or consistent data.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Add the 3UR to the list. Friends of mine are pushing +700whp out of these trucks with superchargers and turbos on the stock Denso ECU so it's not limited in anyway.

But I'd like to mentioned that the rumor has it they weren't actually cracked. The Denso ECU on the Tundra/LC/LX was undefeated until 2014/2015 when the encryption was leaked from within Toyota and then a sketchy Russian company started rolling out tuning software and just recently followed by a couple of US tuning companies. However, the late 2018 ECUs have new encryption and so far it is untunable without buying a $3000 early 2018 ECU that is tunable.

I'm not saying Toyota employees should leak internal company codes for us but that's all that is needed really. I wouldn't worry about the MKV's tunability, my guess is the ECU will be accessible quicker than the 86's and probably by Ecutek nontheless.
I don't want to sound rude or offensive, but....nothing that you stated above proves what you are saying. We all have "friends" who's cars do XYZ...but can you provide some proof? I would like to see examples of these reputable shops that have cracked the 3UR ECM....im not talking about a piggyback or standalone, im talking full ECM reflash.

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
OV Tuned
RR Racing
Tuning Tech FS

All offer tunes for the engines I listed using Denso Toyota ECU's. There are others.

Most North American tuning started around the end of 2015, I believe based on what the Russians were doing. OBD flashing started happening later in 2016.

Jeff

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OV Tuned
RR Racing
Tuning Tech FS

All offer tunes for the engines I listed using Denso Toyota ECU's. There are others.

Most North American tuning started around the end of 2015, I believe based on what the Russians were doing. OBD flashing started happening later in 2016.

Jeff
To read and write the most use in my country are:
kess v2 and mmps for obd
ktag if we open the ecu

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Reed is that you?
Sorry bud, your thinking Sound Performance.....my username is PerformanceSound. No affiliation, however, I have contributed to the MKIV community with some custom "parts" I make on the side on my free time ;).

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
I don't want to sound rude or offensive, but....nothing that you stated above proves what you are saying. We all have "friends" who's cars do XYZ...but can you provide some proof? I would like to see examples of these reputable shops that have cracked the 3UR ECM....im not talking about a piggyback or standalone, im talking full ECM reflash.
Bitbox.ru/en

Car list is in the pdf link on the right. There are plenty of BMWs, I think I counted 12 B58 ECUs. Countless Toyota/Denso ECUs.

For tuners in Dubai look up @alfa_tuner and @dubike_dyno. They have plenty of Lexus/Toyota vehicles tuned using the stock ECU. @salem_trd is my friend and before he installed the Harrop supercharger his truck made almost 800whp on a GTX45 at 17psi on the stock ECU.

Last edited: