Have a look at the Prototype Supra's engine

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Current B58s have been pushed to that limit and are living rather well. So that statement from Tada (while true) is probably not a result of what Toyota did.
True...but, key point is reliability. S55 motors have been pushed over 1000hp, however, they have almost all been ticking time bombs. I'm sure the B58 is capable of 700hp or more, but capability of power and reliability of power are two completely different animals.
Sponsored

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
True...but, key point is reliability. S55 motors have been pushed over 1000hp, however, they have almost all been ticking time bombs. I'm sure the B58 is capable of 700hp or more, but capability of power and reliability of power are two completely different animals.
they want the latter

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know a lot of computer engineer.
I do not care about the ecu it will be very quickly craked.:p
:hmm:what worries me the most is the characteristics engine:
compression ratio, stroke, boring, allowable torque of the car box.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know a lot of computer engineer.
I do not care about the ecu it will be very quickly craked.:p
Careful, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions on that...

Those new Bosch ECM's are not very "tuner friendly" if you know what I mean. If Toyota puts a Denso unit in, that will be even worse as we all know the tuning potential of Denso ECM's...pretty much non-existent.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I never said it would be easy. :dunno:
Otherwise I would not go through an engineer to do it :thumbsup:
The new ecu in fact a very large number of maps. once cracker it will be necessary to identify an update them and that is not easy indeed.
But I know some passionate who will be happy to do it ..

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I never said it would be easy. :dunno:
Otherwise I would not go through an engineer to do it :thumbsup:
The new ecu in fact a very large number of maps. once cracker it will be necessary to identify an update them and that is not easy indeed.
But I know some passionate who will be happy to do it ..
I don't know what "engineer" your referring to....but, unless it is the lead engineer from Toyota or BMW let alone Denso or Bosch (which I doubt any of us here know or have any connections to), it is next to impossible to crack a "locked-down" ECM nowadays with even a legitimate tuner shops finances. What I mean is, your engineer can most certainly reverse engineer the ECM, however, if you know anything about Toyota/Lexus (Denso) and BMW (Bosch) ECM's....they are built nowadays with "tamper proof" logic. Simply try and read the ECM the wrong way, and it wipes out logic instantly. In other words, unless you have several "spare" EMC's on hand and basically a blank check to pay top-tier reverse engineers....it is almost pointless to try. This has been attempted by even the most hardcore tuners in the aftermarket, and they have failed miserably. One of the reasons alot of 2JZ, 2UR, and N54 guys go standalone.

But, good luck...please share your experience when your engineer cracks the ECM.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
One of the reasons alot of 2JZ, 2UR, and N54 guys go standalone.

But, good luck...please share your experience when your engineer cracks the ECM.
You can flash N54s/N55s directly from the OBD port even with an android app. The B58 isnt as easy but definitely possible.

Expect them to find a way to make money on this

Illsic_Design

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 335i N54, 4G63T Mighty Max
I don't know what "engineer" your referring to....but, unless it is the lead engineer from Toyota or BMW let alone Denso or Bosch (which I doubt any of us here know or have any connections to), it is next to impossible to crack a "locked-down" ECM nowadays with even a legitimate tuner shops finances. What I mean is, your engineer can most certainly reverse engineer the ECM, however, if you know anything about Toyota/Lexus (Denso) and BMW (Bosch) ECM's....they are built nowadays with "tamper proof" logic. Simply try and read the ECM the wrong way, and it wipes out logic instantly. In other words, unless you have several "spare" EMC's on hand and basically a blank check to pay top-tier reverse engineers....it is almost pointless to try. This has been attempted by even the most hardcore tuners in the aftermarket, and they have failed miserably. One of the reasons alot of 2JZ, 2UR, and N54 guys go standalone.

Barely anyone in the N54 world uses standalone. It's all about flash tuning and jb4 piggybacking. As I mentioned a month or two back in another thread, the B58 DME has been cracked by a Russian tuning company and more and more companies are coming out with flash tuning by the day.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

For information brperf have recently cracker all serie 3 bmw.
A17920E7-825A-4BB6-8529-EB82602A0FD2.jpeg

It’s posible not easy :)
Sometime only one solution open the ecu

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Barely anyone in the N54 world uses standalone. It's all about flash tuning and jb4 piggybacking. As I mentioned a month or two back in another thread, the B58 DME has been cracked by a Russian tuning company and more and more companies are coming out with flash tuning by the day.
I understand why brperf have strangely publish all this update ^^
Do you now the method used for crack ecu?

Illsic_Design

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 335i N54, 4G63T Mighty Max

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
For information brperf have recently cracker all serie 3 bmw.
A17920E7-825A-4BB6-8529-EB82602A0FD2.jpeg

It’s posible not easy :)
Sometime only one solution open the ecu
Who you calling a cracker?

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
For what it's worth, most modern Denso ECU's have been cracked now and are being tuned.

Jeff

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth, most modern Denso ECU's have been cracked now and are being tuned.

Jeff
USDM ECU's Jeff? Or their JDM versions? I ask, because I know the JDM ECU's from Toyota have been cracked for sometime now, and their USDM versions have not. Can you post some info on the modern Denso ECU's from Toyota that have been cracked (USDM).
Sponsored