• Other: Please state in thread

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Beyond the chassis, the German roadster and the exotic Japanese will share such vital elements as the transmission and of course, the engine. In both cases, we will see a 3.0-liter 6-cylinder in-line engine with a Bavarian seal , similar to the one with the Series 3 340i, with a net power of more than 330 horses , and without closing the door for both versions to be available, in Its higher and radical versions, with the engine block of the M3. In any case, the Supra is very likely to have a hybrid version as the top of the range , combining the engine of the 340i along with one or two electric motors. The result? Being in line with the Nissan GT-R, a very ambitious position and perhaps a low sales volume,

The Toyota Supra will debut in less than six months, and has many ballots for us to see in first person at the Los Angeles Auto Show next November. Otherwise, the Detroit NAIAS will hold the perfect bid.

https://www.motoradictos.com/nuevo-toyota-supra-ya-esta-cerca-debut-sera-solo-unos-meses//QUOTE]

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As Iā€™ve mentioned in the past, if this is the direction Toyota decides to go then fine: just give the car itā€™s own name and not the Supra badge.

However, I still have high doubts. Only because the M2 recently came out. BMW outsourcing a similar engine or if the M3 block is used it can possibly interfere with potential buyers of the M2 or M3/4 with a chance of a lower price tag knowing that the Chasis and engine are BMW (mainly). From a competition and financial stand point it doesnā€™t make sense to me. Maybe Iā€™m just wanting a Supra with a Toyota engine, but I just find it hard that BMW will be giving itā€™s powerplant over to a Japenese sports car to rival other cars in their line up so long as it doesnā€™t compete with the Z4? Or are they saying now these cars are twins with different bodies? Ahhh just sounds like recycled news. Only way this makes sense is if BMW is getting a percentage of the sales from Toyota's profit on this car. October needs to get here NOW!!!!

Last edited:

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Ahhh just sounds like recycled news.
+1 this is just bullshit recycled speculation. Wouldn't even call it news.

There's been zero, zero, zero press release or any official word at all, and not even leaked specs of engines in development, etc. that this could be based on.

We will only know anything real when there is either a real press release from Toyota or some substantive leak.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
As Iā€™ve mentioned in the past, if this is the direction Toyota decides to go then fine: just give the car itā€™s own name and not the Supra badge.

However, I still have high doubts. Only because the M2 recently came out. BMW outsourcing a similar engine or if the M3 block is used it can possibly interfere with potential buyers of the M2 or M3/4 with a chance of a lower price tag knowing that the Chasis and engine are BMW (mainly). From a competition and financial stand point it doesnā€™t make sense to me. Maybe Iā€™m just wanting a Supra with a Toyota engine, but I just find it hard that BMW will be giving itā€™s powerplant over to a Japenese sports car to rival other cars in their line up so long as it doesnā€™t compete with the Z4? Or are they saying now these cars are twins with different bodies? Ahhh just sounds like recycled news. Only way this makes sense is if BMW is getting a percentage of the sales from Toyota's profit on this car. October needs to get here NOW!!!!
I've mentioned this particular conflict of interest but no one here either seems to either care or give that dilemma much stock. It still baffles me how little push back there appears to be as normally most JDM fans are among the most vocal of enthusiasts. I'm with you though, if we are sadly getting only BMW powerplants it is hard for me to see this not getting political with either detuned engines to keep their bimmers the fastest or the scary $$$ no one has a clue about.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ Supraforums has had a strong stand against this but it has quiet down lately. I think it's just because its been 3+ yrs since the FT-1 debut so most have dismissed that this car will come out until Toyota actually shows us something.

But yeah I see your point. The car just wouldn't feel like a true 'JDM' sports car knowing its mainly composed of German parts as well as the engine in my opinion. Doesn't mean it can't be a great sports car but it would take the JDM heritage out of the car a bit and I can see BMW fans bragging that BMW built this car for Toyota.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Personally I'm hoping for the engine from the new LS. I don't think the latest mule sounds a BMW. To bad there aren't any videos of the LS testing so we can do a comparison.

Also the concept showed dual intakes; which is more common on a V6 design. And yes I know its just a plastic cover for show, but maybe they are hinting and teasing at something? :dunno:

Last edited:

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
How about the Toyota engine in the Lotus Evora GT430. Just saying
great engine, but a supercharged supra? nty. That and the new LS engine are both 3.5 V6s, so it isn't really that far anyways..

bogglo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS
i don't think Toyota would share an engine with BMW. the only way that's is going to happen is if the car is not called a Supra. Also considering the reputation of the GTR engine and the NSX complicated but sort of unique engine, I can see Toyota making this car engine special also. Therefore the idea of an electric supercharger for it make sense the only problem is would it have a dedicated battery for that purpose and also the weight. whatever happens there is a lot reason why a BMW engine won't make it into this car.

Last edited:

avat2v

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Civic V12?
everybody is hoping TT V6 lexus, me either
but this is world, shit always happen:spaz:
and considering the guy behind it is the same guy for 86
so probably under the hood might be something weird, same story like 86

jmc08

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Celica Supra
I would like to see a genuine, Toyota engineered power-plant for the new Supra. The motor standard in the upcoming Lexus LS would be a great start, tuned to be appropriate for a sports car. A minimum of 420 hp. Really though, the car ought to be more powerful than the Lexus "F" variants, at least as a top end option.