Have a look at the Prototype Supra's engine

93Siro

First Name
Sina
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
If the low cr have passed is only for co2 and fuel reduction. More cr = more efficiency = less tunability^^
10:1 it’s not 11:1 cr max near 13 after detonation.
If you have 9:1 you can’t increased turbo bost +0,2 bar ~+20% of power without any detonations.
I have a Z4 35i. The engine is N54. 10.2 CR with 8 psi (stock level). For the last 8,000 kms i had upgraded hybrid turbos installed currently at 22 psi with 600whp and my logs are super nice with no knocks and basically zero correction factor. I kept the boost low to keep the clutches happy otherwise i have another 8 psi left in them before i reach the engine limit. Fueling is 91 plus meth.
Sponsored

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have a Z4 35i. The engine is N54. 10.2 CR with 8 psi (stock level). For the last 8,000 kms i had upgraded hybrid turbos installed currently at 22 psi with 600whp and my logs are super nice with no knocks and basically zero correction factor. I kept the boost low to keep the clutches happy otherwise i have another 8 psi left in them before i reach the engine limit. Fueling is 91 plus meth.
At 22 psi with meth... I indicated these values without meth ;)

93Siro

First Name
Sina
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
At 22 psi with meth... I indicated these values without meth ;)
Haha fair enough but you have to know its because of fueling problems. N54 on pump can’t make more than mid 400 whp because the injectors are at their peak. You either have to upgrade the DI system which like i did and only a handful of people, or do what others do and install supplemental port injection. If you install port injection you can get 600whp or so with just pump gas, like currently where i am.

This is the future for guys who plan to get the Supra:

Tune => Tune and bolt ons => Upgraded turbo => Port Injection or lots of meth => Full fueling system for E85 => Blown transmissions

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Haha fair enough but you have to know its because of fueling problems. N54 on pump can’t make more than mid 400 whp because the injectors are at their peak. You either have to upgrade the DI system which like i did and only a handful of people, or do what others do and install supplemental port injection. If you install port injection you can get 600whp or so with just pump gas, like currently where i am.

This is the future for guys who plan to get the Supra:

Tune => Tune and bolt ons => Upgraded turbo => Port Injection or lots of meth => Full fueling system for E85 => Blown transmissions
me ecu Tune with E85=> high-flow air filter=> Downpipes for begin;)

OP
OP

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
it sounds very good. A JZA80 turbo sounds very boring stock standard.

the power difference between a 4" and 3" turbo back is remarkable at higher RPM, even on a standard internal engine. problem is keeping it quiet:

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
it sounds very good. A JZA80 turbo sounds very boring stock standard.

the power difference between a 4" and 3" turbo back is remarkable at higher RPM, even on a standard internal engine. problem is keeping it quiet:

I’ve always wondered if there’s an aftermarket for cars that come equipped with an active exhaust? I think it’s been confirmed that the Supra will have it (pictures of flaps in the exhaust for Supra/Z4). Now whether these can be manually controlled is yet to be seen, but I wonder if there are aftermarket exhausts that are designed to utilize that functionality since a lot of newer cars have it nowadays.

Seems redundant in a way, I know lol. If I’m changing the exhaust, it’s for performance and sound. But it would be nice to have a little control over that. CHP in California is brutal.

dshandy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Chevy Camaro SS, 2014 Audi A5
There are definitely aftermarket exhaust options that will use the factory exhaust valve. The stock exhaust valve actuators can be reused and depending on the driving mode the car is in/under high-load conditions the flaps will fully open up just like the stock exhaust. Now we just have to wait for the aftermarket to get their hands on MKV...

Viselord

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
Sorry if I sound ignorant, but do we know if the engine will come with the Toyota direct and port injection? Time will tell I guess?

CantEven_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Cayman GT4
Sorry if I sound ignorant, but do we know if the engine will come with the Toyota direct and port injection? Time will tell I guess?
If it does you can say hello to easy e85 conversion much like the new Audi 5 Cylinders

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
There are definitely aftermarket exhaust options that will use the factory exhaust valve. The stock exhaust valve actuators can be reused and depending on the driving mode the car is in/under high-load conditions the flaps will fully open up just like the stock exhaust. Now we just have to wait for the aftermarket to get their hands on MKV...
Thanks. Good to know!

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a proper sounding 2JZ.. happens to be mine.. lol

Titan 280s making the symphony..

SupraGuy88

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 Toyota Supra Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a proper sounding 2JZ.. happens to be mine.. lol

Titan 280s making the symphony..

What Turbo manifold / exhaust setup are you running? it kind of sounds like a SP F1 racing manifold....ugh Dat sound!!!!
Sponsored