Reda90

First Name
Emilio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 2020 LE
Hi All,

Sorry for the generic thread name, but I’m not really sure what to put. I was driving yesterday and when I went to accelerate I noticed the car seemed underpowered compared to normal, I checked the ethanol content and when it normally reads a stable number, i.e. ”50”, it was bouncing from 0-50 like crazy. And when I would go to accelerate it felt like a power cut above 80, the car seemed to max out at 120 mph. I have literally no clue what’s going on. I’ve reached out to Boostin Performance as they were the ones who tuned the car, but wanted to see if anyone here knows what might be going on.

I’m attaching two log files of what is happening. Thanks in advance.

Mod List:
Cold Air Intake/Turbo Inlet
Charge Pipe
Downpipe
Flexfuel Kit
Stg1 Fuel Pump Upgrade
Sponsored

Attachments

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Some kind of limp mode. Your car is also lean as fuck. That's danger to manifold shit. You are losing signal to reflex or whatever you use to get ethanol status to can. Can input status and can error code are both all over the place. Get that shit fixed before you beat on it again or you're gonna need an ethanol sensor and some new pistons.

It's also overboosting, causing the throttle to be closed. Definitely check with your tuner and fix your sensors.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
I checked the ethanol content and when it normally reads a stable number, i.e. ”50”, it was bouncing from 0-50 like crazy. And when I would go to accelerate it felt like a power cut above 80, the car seemed to max out at 120 mph.
Oof. When your ethanol sensor is on the fritz with a flex fuel tune, the last thing you should be doing is a bunch of WOT pulls. You need to get the sensor sorted before you blow up the engine.