Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra A91 (Refraction)
Rocks usually do no go through clearbra, just dents the paint below it if big enough and the cracked paint peels off with the clearbra when removed.
Thank you for the info
Sponsored

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
just leave it and run it and enjoy the car....its a sports car that most likely in a few years you will have a different one....it gives it character....not to mention rock chips and stuff are going to happen if you drive and enjoy the car so why bother stressing for every single one every single time?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
just leave it and run it and enjoy the car....its a sports car that most likely in a few years you will have a different one....it gives it character....not to mention rock chips and stuff are going to happen if you drive and enjoy the car so why bother stressing for every single one every single time?
Not so sure about 'character', but I agree. It's a sports car. You drive it like a sports car, it's going to get a little banged up here and there. It's not hyper-rare or even expensive. I'm all about taking some precautions (clear bra, a little PPF, even repair this bit of paint), but enjoy the car. Drive it like hell.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I did a rally in my car that got at least 50 rock chips in my front bumper. That and drilling several holes into it to run my laser jammers. I figure I’d just replace the whole bumper when it’s time to sell.

Don’t let potential rock chips prevent you from having fun in it. It’s not a Ferrari:thumbsup:

Reactions: zrk

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
PPF will do a great deal in protecting paint. Couple that with not tailgating and you can eliminate 90% of damage.

XPEL seems to be the industry standard and is thicker than a lot of other films (which makes it harder to install). XPEL requires that installers be licensed but also check reviews from customers.

OP
OP
Supraman91

Supraman91

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra A91 (Refraction)
I ag
[/Q
I agree with you. This stuff is def unavoidable, but can be lessened. I see repairing the bumper and not seeing the obvious damage as added enjoyment when i look at it.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Just did front bumper ppf for under 1000 and applied 3 coats of CarPro ceramic myself afterwards which I would recommend.

In your case you'd be looking at well over $2k to remove current ppf, repaint, reapply new ppf, so there's a bit more to consider. That'd be the right way to do it though if you really want to do it.

GL?

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
PPF helps a lot, huge regret not doing it instantly when my car arrived but had some circumastances that stopped me, now 13k miles in, my bumper is destroyed and peppered in chips, my dads viper and rolls and other cars and exotics he always put ppf and it helps a lot, like more than people think, it is def a worthy investment, but keep in mind, to do it properly, you should wait at least 30 days in a medium- to warm environment to have the paint properly air and cure or else you risk pulling the paint when removing the PPF and other issues. On top of the PPF ceramic coating helps with keeping it easy to clean and looking shiny but does not really offer much protection on top, does not hurt tho.
Sponsored