westtxsupra2.0

westtxsupra2.0

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
JB4 user here but on a different car. Check it out on the N54 bmw forum. They do have a version for the B48/58. It is what is known as a "piggyback" and can be removed with little drama when time to go for service.

Using the mild maps, noticeable power can be made just make sure to do your homework if you are new to tuning. Even a piggyback can get you into trouble REAL fast.
I appreciate that info. Exactly the kind of resources I was looking for.
Sponsored

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
I was gonna say trade it in for a 3.0 :D
Get the same "bone-head" responses in the one of the Stinger forums.......some folks don't need to measure penises.........

This review speaks to a lot of folks reasons for buying the 2.0 instead of the 3.0.

I appreciate that info. Exactly the kind of resources I was looking for.
No probs....figured this is more of what you were looking for instead of "should have bought the 3.0"........

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
This is always a loaded question...either roll the dice and mod it or donā€™t. I plan on modding the shit out of the 2.0 come spring.

The two most common and beneficial power adders on a turbo car will always be a downpipe and a tune. Obviously youā€™ll need to check the build date of your ECM (as do I when I get the car back).

I personally donā€™t care one bit about the warranty as my 2.0 is going to be a track car anyways. If youā€™re concerned about powertrain warranty then refrain from power adders.

People just need to be patient with the ECMs being unlocked. The Bosch MG1 is a real whore and many of the Audi B9 S4 guys had to wait 2 years before it was safely tunable.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
I personally donā€™t care one bit about the warranty as my 2.0 is going to be a track car anyways. If youā€™re concerned about powertrain warranty then refrain from power adders.
Agree 1000%. If i were serious about a tune, the warranty would be the last thing....been there, done that with my Stinger 2.0. used jb4 for a while and it did give that "kick in the ass" i was looking for but I was not interested enough in tuning to put in the time to make sure things were not going sideways......mainly wanted the "pass your ass quick" response when driving in traffic on the way to work. the ample amount of torque that the stock Supra 2.0 has is already at the point i was trying to get my Stinger at.......

OP
OP
westtxsupra2.0

westtxsupra2.0

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Agree 1000%. If i were serious about a tune, the warranty would be the last thing....been there, done that with my Stinger 2.0. used jb4 for a while and it did give that "kick in the ass" i was looking for but I was not interested enough in tuning to put in the time to make sure things were not going sideways......mainly wanted the "pass your ass quick" response when driving in traffic on the way to work. the ample amount of torque that the stock Supra 2.0 has is already at the point i was trying to get my Stinger at.......

Really? The Supra 2.0 sure feels torquey but I thought the Stinger was too. I feel I'm on the same boat. Actually, I don't care about the warranty per say, where I was going is that I don't want to brow the engine if something goes sideways while not having an eye for the reg flags. So I will try the JB4 and see how things go.

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
It's going to be a minute before you can really get some power out of it. I normally mod the fuck outta my cars when I get them. Like my ST, but since the 2.0 is still new. I'm doing visual mods and I'm not usually one of those guys

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Really? The Supra 2.0 sure feels torquey but I thought the Stinger was too
The Stinger 2.0 "stock" is nearly 40ft/lbs less torque than the 2.0 Supra......AND it weighs about 500 + lbs MORE than the Supra and that is the 2.0!!!!! The GT (with 3.3T) is clocking in at around 4K lbs(RWD model) but it is not as noticeable since it is making about the same torque as the 3.0 Supra and nearly as much horsepower (367 vs.382).....although the Supra grows on me more, when the time comes to let go of the 2.0 Stinger, the GT will be in the running along with the Supra. I can get a GT 3.3T for about the same price as the 2.0 Supra......I know, I know, it's still not a Supra.....LOL

Now, don't know alot about how the JB4 does on the Supra but on my Stinger, it was good for about 35+ horsepower & equal the torque of the 2.0 Supra and that is on the milder MAPS W/93 Octane and the only "non-stock" item i had on the car was a K&N drop-in air filter.......again, just wanted the "ass kick" and still have not done anything like DP,exhaust, intake, etc......Pretty good product i have to say if you are not/can't go the ECU route.......

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Update:

Purchased a 2.0 Surpa this past Friday......Stinger, not..........even...........close!! Nothing against the Stinger. Still like the car a lot and will surely miss the roominess of the car, especially, the rear hatch area......

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
I will be using my 2.0 as daily drive. I'd love it if I can get a bit more hp than stock but don't want to run into any issues with the car, void the warranty, nor strain the engine past its limit. I won't be taking it to the track ever and won't be racing (other then occasional stepping on it on the freeway, etc). I also won't be changing tires nor getting bigger brakes.

Does an aftermarket exhaust / intake add hp or just change the sound? Any thoughts on plug-in tunes?

Any recommendations? Please share if you have link to trusted products for the 2.0. :D
I have the 3.0, and I've never used it to it's full potential. If I owned a 2.0, the only thing I would change is the exhaust, and put some bigger non black 19" wheels.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Based on YouTube comparison tests the 2.0 is no slouch. Throw in a bigger turbo, downpipe and tune and it will be on par with a stock 2020 3.0.

-RJM

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
Just picked up jb4 for my 2.0, haven't been able to really run it yet. Will be running Map 2, waiting on my catless DP but over the weekend when I took it to the track was able to see the power short comings compared to the 3.0.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
I have the 3.0, and I've never used it to it's full potential. If I owned a 2.0, the only thing I would change is the exhaust, and put some bigger non black 19" wheels.
I still believe the 3.0 Supra is the "mack daddy" Supra but I too, could not find a scenario in which I would make use of the power. I test drove a 3.0 before jumping into the 2.0 and could CLEARLY see the difference but I have absolutely NO regrets about my decision and saved a few thousand dollars in the process. I have only had the thing since Friday but I can see the better "point and shoot" characteristic of the 2.0. Balance is just better even if less powerful....

MarcosCG

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Just picked up jb4 for my 2.0, haven't been able to really run it yet. Will be running Map 2, waiting on my catless DP but over the weekend when I took it to the track was able to see the power short comings compared to the 3.0.
Please update us after you have had more time running and the differences you feel. I just picked up a 2.0. I havenā€™t seen too much people doing the jb4. Iā€™m thinking of picking one up. Iā€™m not crazy into HP numbers but would be nice to get a little more power and torque.
Sponsored