NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
•Sausage magnet at a gas station.
I usually spend 20 mins at a gas station shooting the shit with either workers or randoms coming up to talk about it

I had some random girls from 2 different groups from out country pose on my car and leaned on it like they were modelling on it when i took the drive down PCH last weekend. Me and my girl just stared and was "oh god. 😂". Literally random girl takes a pic as soon as i pull up, me and my girl were walking back up after seeing the scenery, ANOTHER group of girls took pics and were leaning/ modelling on the car..

Long story short, i wiped the whole front end down at our next scenery stop lmfaooo

•Also, kids in the backseat of their parents cars usually go ape shit when they see it, then the parents start recording as i pass by.

•many randoms asking for revs at a stoplight.

•people on the freeway asking to hear a quick pull

•let's not even start when i cruise through downtown or anywhere heavily populated

•teenagers in high school either drooling or revving at me (til' they hear the turbo decel spool down 😂)

•couple of elder people telling me the car is either bitchin or looks cool.

•sometimes have my girl drive the car (i ride shotty of course) so she can feel what it's like driving a sports car, group of guys straight jaw dropped lmfaoo
Lol, when u Rev the car does urs tell u put ur foot on the brake to go bk into drive?
Sponsored

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, when u Rev the car does urs tell u put ur foot on the brake to go bk into drive?
Lol it would, but usually my foot is firm on the brakes lol. The only issue is, people expect me to rev but i completely disabled the burbles on the car so it's not as fulfilling as they were expecting lmfao

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
I had two interesting stories recently. One was weird and awkward while the other was sweet.

The first one… I was driving and some guy was behind me beeping his horn. We were at a light so I was confused, did I do something wrong? So I look back and he’s waving and giving me a thumbs up. I wave back and finally pull off. After that he rolls up next to me and waves for my attention and says nice car! I said Thank you! And then he says “daddy likes, daddy likes a lot. Get job buddy.” luckily he turned the opposite way and that weird interaction was over.

The second story… I was heading to my car after work. From a distance I noticed something was on my car so I’m already getting upset. I’m thinking either some hater went out of their way to put trash on my car or one of my coworkers were messing with me. Either way I’m not too happy. So I get closer and it’s a bad and some random item next to it.
Come to find out the item was a little air freshener for my car and in the bag was one of those small toy versions of my Supra. It was red and looked exactly like mine. It had a little note that said “Saw this at Kroger, thought you might like it. ST friend.” My face lit up! I thought it was super nice.

3CD3DF68-C1C5-4F77-8469-675E1E0A4095.jpeg

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Man, I seriously get no attention with mine, which is mostly fine. I have got a couple of thumbs up and stuff. And some respect from the older muscle guys at the track, but nothing like what I'm reading about here.

It's probably pretty dependent on the area. I'm in Chicago so I blend in pretty well.
Do you want to know the real reason why we get no attention? It's not like we really got the most eye catching color out there. But I'm about to change that shit real soon.

August Engine Bay-9.jpg

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I get alot of double, triple, quadruple looks. Especially on base I'm a staff sergeant so alot of officers expect to see another officer driving it like a captain or major, then I get out. I get the oh man that's deployment money or you can afford that sergeant. I head nod and go you'll see next month. Off base I get all kinds of looks so far only 4 supras in the area that I seen. Dudes mainly approach about the car, women see it like cool car but that's about it.
My coworkers treat it like I'm driving around a lambo. I always tell people, "It's just a Toyota! My wife's Highlander cost more!" It's true, too. Not counting aftermarket work, of course.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Do you want to know the real reason why we get no attention? It's not like we really got the most eye catching color out there. But I'm about to change that shit real soon.

August Engine Bay-9.jpg
Uh oh.... Can't wait to see what you do! Shame though, the black looks incredible, even if it's so bad that you have to wash it in-between pictures! 😂

BMQ

First Name
Jon Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra Premium
4 different people JUST TODAY. The first, I was getting in the car outside the coffee store & an older guy (older than me & I'm 60) asks about the car. At 2 of my 4 client visits, employees who I barely know tell me how nice my car is & ask lots of questions. and mid day, as I was getting back in my car after visiting another client a kid (college age) stopped his bike to look at the car, and as I walked up he asked if he could take pics.
Before the MKV, my previous 2 sports cars were both a 2006 BMW Z4 ///M roadsters. (first was totaled so I found another 500 miles away identical to it). I owned those 2 cars a total of 12 years and put 160,000 miles between them. I've had the MKV since April 2nd this year, and I've had 3 to 4 times as many comments on the Supra as I did in the 12 years of owning the Z4s.
The funniest interaction was 2-3 months back. I went to play golf at a course about 50 miles north of where I live. As I was coming out of the clubhouse after I signed in, I saw a kid (again, college age) right behind my car literally screaming to his buddy to come over "this is the new Supra - you gotta come look!!". So I see him bend down right near the hatch to get a closer look. Me being me (yes I can be an asshole!) I press the button to pop the hatch. I've replaced the pistons & added springs so it jumps right open. Scared the shit out of the kid! But we had a great chat about the car & I let him sit in it & fire her up.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
My coworkers treat it like I'm driving around a lambo. I always tell people, "It's just a Toyota! My wife's Highlander cost more!" It's true, too. Not counting aftermarket work, of course.
Same thing here. People think it's twice as expensive as it actually is, and I've used the line "Dude, your (insert 1/2 ton truck or midsize crossover name) literally cost more than this!"

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
I’m not sure what it is about the Supra but I’ve noticed that too. I’ve had a few say things like “F a Lambo, give me this.” And some downplay the Corvette in favor of mine.
Not sure what the answer/ reason is but I really think they did a great job with the design of this car. At least to me is a car you can keep fairly stock and turn heads. It just demands attention.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Not sure what the answer/ reason is but I really think they did a great job with the design of this car.
Most of the people who think it's really ugly, have never actually seen one in person. When they finally do, most are very impressed and suddenly want one for themselves.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Most of the people who think it's really ugly, have never actually seen one in person. When they finally do, most are very impressed and suddenly want one for themselves.
OR are the people who couldn't afford one in the first place and/or drive a TRD Camry.

Mixsturre

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra

August Engine Bay-9.jpg
I wouldn't say Nocturnal Black gets no attention.

When I used to daily the Supra from 2020-2021 it got a ton of attention. It was a great feeling at first, but slowly got annoying so I avoid making eye contact with people (thank you COVID).

Some examples that I can recall:
  • During the commute home from the dealership multiple cars followed me to record/ take pics.
  • My neighbor’s entire family came outside to see the Supra when I brought it home - they all posed and took pics with it
  • Multiple thumbs up from male/females of various ages at the light
  • Numerous Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, G35/37, Nissan Altimas revving/tailgating me on the freeway until they found out they’re slower….
  • Went to a BMW cars and coffee and everyone talked shit about the Supra LOL
  • Was at a drive thru a group of teenagers yelled out “iS tHaT a sUPraH?” Then at another drive thru a month later, the worker said the same thing.
  • Got flipped off and a thumbs down from a Kia Optima driver on the opposite side of the road while making a left to work.
  • A guy in an EVO at the gas station complimenting it and asked whether my Varis front lip was real and proceeded to touch the CF.
  • Had a Dad and son come up to me at a gas station to compliment it. The dad said it’s his sons dream car and he wanted to take a picture w/ it. I offered to let him sit inside but the kid was scared to damage something.
  • Had a rare occurrence on the free way when two Supras sped up from the onramp while splitting lines to drive next to me & recorded a video. We drove a couple miles on the freeway like that it was pretty cool.
  • People coming up to me at the car wash to talk about the car every time I spend time drying my car. No posing necessary ..
  • Some guy driving behind me with his body halfway out the window waving to get my attention

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I wouldn't say Nocturnal Black gets no attention.

When I used to daily the Supra from 2020-2021 it got a ton of attention. It was a great feeling at first, but slowly got annoying so I avoid making eye contact with people (thank you COVID).

Some examples that I can recall:
  • During the commute home from the dealership multiple cars followed me to record/ take pics.
  • My neighbor’s entire family came outside to see the Supra when I brought it home - they all posed and took pics with it
  • Multiple thumbs up from male/females of various ages at the light
  • Numerous Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, G35/37, Nissan Altimas revving/tailgating me on the freeway until they found out they’re slower….
  • Went to a BMW cars and coffee and everyone talked shit about the Supra LOL
  • Was at a drive thru a group of teenagers yelled out “iS tHaT a sUPraH?” Then at another drive thru a month later, the worker said the same thing.
  • Got flipped off and a thumbs down from a Kia Optima driver on the opposite side of the road while making a left to work.
  • A guy in an EVO at the gas station complimenting it and asked whether my Varis front lip was real and proceeded to touch the CF.
  • Had a Dad and son come up to me at a gas station to compliment it. The dad said it’s his sons dream car and he wanted to take a picture w/ it. I offered to let him sit inside but the kid was scared to damage something.
  • Had a rare occurrence on the free way when two Supras sped up from the onramp while splitting lines to drive next to me & recorded a video. We drove a couple miles on the freeway like that it was pretty cool.
  • People coming up to me at the car wash to talk about the car every time I spend time drying my car. No posing necessary ..
  • Some guy driving behind me with his body halfway out the window waving to get my attention
All I got out of this post was that you don't wash your car yourself.