If it wasnt for the supra, what car to get????

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
a used AMG GT is a good option in the 70's range but would want a warranty.
dude no kidding, i feel like these are reaching bottom of depreciation curve and I've always loved them. A lot of car for the money - no idea on reliability but I'd hate to give up having a MT.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
I just test drove like 4 of them, from the new 718 and the older 981 flat six, very underwhelmed compared to the supra.
I almost traded in my Supra for a 981 GT4.

Thank God I test drove it because that thing wasn't good stock and it was slow.

I will say the 718 GT4 is a gamechanger but it's literally double the price. Something feels off spending double for not double the experience, and I own a lot of NA cars already lol

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The 2020-2021 Evora GTs have been very reliable, according to owners on two of the Lotus forums I had been perusing.
LOTUS = Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

They have a terrible dealer service network outside of the UK.

I have had the Emira on the backburner for a while and I think it's going to remain that way.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I almost traded in my Supra for a 981 GT4.

Thank God I test drove it because that thing wasn't good stock and it was slow.

I will say the 718 GT4 is a gamechanger but it's literally double the price. Something feels off spending double for not double the experience, and I own a lot of NA cars already lol
I'm actually putting together an end of year wrap up of my track experience with my Supra. Coming soon in my build thread. The GT4 was on my list when I was shopping for my next track car. I chose the Supra.

Spoiler alert: The Supra is faster on track than GT4's for MUCH less $$$$. It can give GT3's and GT3RS's a hard time.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm actually putting together an end of year wrap up of my track experience with my Supra. Coming soon in my build thread. The GT4 was on my list when I was shopping for my next track car. I chose the Supra.

Spoiler alert: The Supra is faster on track than GT4's for MUCH less $$$$. It can give GT3's and GT3RS's a hard time.
Bro I'm not even lying, I drove my 04 M3 to go test drive the 981 GT4 and my M3 (heavily modified but not a $115k car) was a better experience.

I can't imagine paying $100k for a used car and STILL having to mod it.

That doesn't sit right with me.

And it's not like modding a Porsche is cheap, friend with the 718 GT4 is about to drop 7k on an exhaust.

Who does that lol

SupraCess

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 GR Surpa and a turbocharged FRS
I probably would have picked up a G82, G87, C8 or even GR Corolla!

OP
OP
Shadows_mkv

Shadows_mkv

First Name
Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0 Premium MT
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and yes im okay body hurts from the accident but thankfully no serious damage to me.

as for as my car im waiting for inspection to determine if its officially totaled or not. In my eyes it is

whole right side of vehicle hit sidewalk so you can imagine the camber the wheels have now… Rear diffuser was falling off. Most Damage was to all 4 wheels since hitting side walk and both side skirts. Both driver and passenger door airbags went off. Steering wheel airbag didnt go off.

I wouldnt say im entirely unfazed by it considering I had put so much money in mods and so much time. But knowing im good is what matters

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
If I lost my 2020 Supra to an accident I will probably get another ZF8 Supra (new) and a lively exhaust system.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
LOTUS = Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

They have a terrible dealer service network outside of the UK.

I have had the Emira on the backburner for a while and I think it's going to remain that way.
I had a $3000 deposit on an Emira for 6 months, but after seeing how many issues UK owners were having, I requested a refund.

On the other hand, US owners of Evoras, specifically those from the Evora 400 and newer have had good experiences. It took 6 years for that to happen, but buyers of the GT are probably happy they waited.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and yes im okay body hurts from the accident but thankfully no serious damage to me.

as for as my car im waiting for inspection to determine if its officially totaled or not. In my eyes it is

whole right side of vehicle hit sidewalk so you can imagine the camber the wheels have now… Rear diffuser was falling off. Most Damage was to all 4 wheels since hitting side walk and both side skirts. Both driver and passenger door airbags went off. Steering wheel airbag didnt go off.

I wouldnt say im entirely unfazed by it considering I had put so much money in mods and so much time. But knowing im good is what matters
Hopefully, you learned a lesson about how NOT to exit a cars & coffee event! ;)
Sponsored