First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Black Premium Supra & 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone.

I was AWE’s guinea pig for development of their new exhaust for the A90 Supra. After getting the Supra back from them and living with it for a few weeks, here are my thoughts:

I have the Non-Resonated Touring Exhaust on my car with a stock downpipe (for now :thumbsup:)

The biggest thing I’ve noticed is how much more substantial the sound is in the driving experience. It makes the car feel more special, even when cruising in traffic. And when you do get on it, it sounds absolutely exotic! I’m addicted!

Yes, the stock exhaust does sound okay, but the AWE system opens up the sound significantly and really fine tunes it.

They do get rid of the active valve, which I was a bit skeptical of at first, but I gotta admit the Touring Edition makes the valve literally irrelevant with the way AWE has tuned the system. The sound fades out nicely while cruising at light throttle, no droning at all. Then when I floor it, the howl of the B58 opens up in full force. It also still pops and crackles in Sport mode like before, that’s all ECU controlled. But the crackles are now ridiculously awesome (and deep!).

I also love the big 5” tips. They seemed like they’d be huge, but they really fit the rear of the car perfectly.

So, overall, I’m pretty thrilled so far. I'm sure it will get even better with age, but for now it has just made my Supra feel even more special when I’m behind the wheel. Looking forward to letting you all hear it for yourselves at shows this year!

Stay tuned for more updates as the build continues to grow.

859952685056_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=dd9801&_nc_ohc=9uT0VzkXYDEAX9e23Vr&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

Sponsored

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Yeah AWE's black chrome tips are amazing.. I have them on my Corvette.. Touring system as well. Impressed how I don't need valves because of how well the system is designed..

-Josh

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
Impressed how I don't need valves because of how well the system is designed..
Answering the "Valves?" question, and the "how" and "why" we don't need them, is what I spend 25% of my day on. I really appreciate you backing up our designs, this is beneficial to new customers across multiple vehicle platforms interested in AWE exhausts. :headbang:

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Answering the "Valves?" question, and the "how" and "why" we don't need them, is what I spend 25% of my day on. I really appreciate you backing up our designs, this is beneficial to new customers across multiple vehicle platforms interested in AWE exhausts. :headbang:
I had an AWE system on a 435 and loved it as well, you guys make a great exhaust system

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Just installed the AWE system on my A90 supra. Black tips on my nocturnal black (with matte PPF). The 5" tips look absolutely amazing. Sound of this system is on point. I too was skeptical about the loss of the "valve" but now I can just control the sound with the skinny pedal. It sounds really refined at cruising speeds but when I get into the gas the inline 6 comes alive. The only change I had to make was I had to back into my tune and disable the "GTS start up roar" as it was very loud and my wife was getting angry when I would start it up in the garage and the dogs would go crazy and start barking too! Once the engine warms up and idles return to normal ranges the exhaust is on point! Couldn't be happier.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Just installed the AWE system on my A90 supra. Black tips on my nocturnal black (with matte PPF). The 5" tips look absolutely amazing. Sound of this system is on point. I too was skeptical about the loss of the "valve" but now I can just control the sound with the skinny pedal. It sounds really refined at cruising speeds but when I get into the gas the inline 6 comes alive. The only change I had to make was I had to back into my tune and disable the "GTS start up roar" as it was very loud and my wife was getting angry when I would start it up in the garage and the dogs would go crazy and start barking too! Once the engine warms up and idles return to normal ranges the exhaust is on point! Couldn't be happier.
:D

MKV_Ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
curious... how does it sound in normal vs sport mode ???

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
curious... how does it sound in normal vs sport mode ???
The difference comes in the engine timing/shifting in normal vs sport mode now. Since in normal mode the car shifts through the gears much quicker at lower RPM then it keeps the noise level down but still sounds great, from inside the cabin you can hardly hear the vehicle at idle when waiting at a stop light. The tone/exhaust note however is the same. When in sport mode the higher rpms and lower gear give it a deeper more throaty sound. Also, more burbles/pops/bangs from the exhaust

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
After listening to countless exhausts, this is my top choice. Just waiting on any possible Black Friday deals... :hmm::bow::love:

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
You should just order now. Black Friday deals orders means you'll get your exhaust in 2021 haha

-Josh
Sponsored